Serious question but an odd one, I know... NSV? Kind of?

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 4:16 pm

I am not a vet at all. I am three years out. This has been my hardest year. I am very thankful for the vets who are 10 years out. Ask questions the vets are here to help. Even the newbies to. 

I know when I start to beat myself up and call myself names it leads to a very dark path. I look at comedians who joke about themselves and they are very unhappy inside.

You really didn't offend me. I feel worse for others who have not come to terms with their demons. It is not easy to say you are an alcoholic. If you see pictures of me you would never know I was one.

I took a few words out of my vocabulary. I won't use can't. I won't use cheat. I also won't use the word fat. It works for me. Not everyone.

It is a daily we have to work on ourselves. We can not change overnight. If we could the world would be perfect.

One thing is keep coming for support and sharing. Don't wait a year to come back and show pictures on how great you are doing. So many do. For people starting out it does help to hear others about how their lives are going. Some days can suck. But it does help to vent here. Someone reading will think holy **** I am not the only one. 

A lot of us have very strong personalities. So when we read it isn't always the way it may sound in one persons head as others.

I am proud of myself. It feels good to know I can look at myself in the mirror and not see shame. Being honest isn't always easy. Just having my kids want to be with me is such a great feeling.

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 4:02 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Hugs, girl.  

I am so sorry for your friend's loss.  I can't even begin to imagine...

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 4:36 pm

Her daughter did not die. Thank goodness. But she has a long road of recovery. I can't imagine. 

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 4:59 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Oh thank gawd!  I missed the word almost.  

But yes, what a nightmare all around.  I wish her a speedy recovery for sure.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

Gina 22 years out
on 2/21/17 6:32 am - Burleson, TX

I am with you, on this one, 3BH...

In our society, much too often, the word 

FAT ...and all forms of the word...

are used in degrogatory fashions...I am pretty sure I have never heard them used, to a person, as a compliment, except maybe to a cherub type infant...

A particular heartbreak of mine of mine is seeing peeps refer to themselves as fat, phat, whale, blubber, etc, etc, and having something to that effect in their screen name. It's certainly a personal decision, but it makes me sad, nonetheless.

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 9:02 pm

I think when we use words like former fatty we can start to put ourselves down. I was trying to say be kind to yourself. 

Lipsticklady
on 2/21/17 4:16 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 21, 2017 at 5:02 AM Pacific Time, 3Bassethounds wrote:

I think when we use words like former fatty we can start to put ourselves down. I was trying to say be kind to yourself. 

Ok, that makes sense for sure.  I don't agree with you for ME but I certainly would never call someone else a former fatty or fat.

I was fat, I am a former fatty, and to be quite honest, with the 10 pound regain, I feel like I am getting fat again.  It is what it is, but I am sitting here planning my menu for the day to get these pounds back off.

FOR ME, calling myself a former fatty is simply a way of finding a bit of humor in myself and it's also a way to remind myself where I was, and where I don't want to be again.  It doesn't hurt my feelings nor does it make me feel bad about myself -- just like getting on the scale several times a day doesn't affect me negatively.

I totally appreciate your point but for me blunt recognition of my reality is kinder than denial of my past.  :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/17 5:57 pm

I have been "butted"a few times in a theater when people were trying to squeeze by...   So now when I need to "squeeze between" - I face people and smile...   My butt - not sure how far it is sticking out.. my front - I can suck in...if needed...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lipsticklady
on 2/20/17 6:17 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

That's how I feel!!!

Gwen M.
on 2/20/17 6:05 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I was taught that it's rude to stick your butt in someone's face when getting to your seat in a theater or restaurant, so I'd face the people.  

I also think it's odd to read "former fatty."  I'm pretty sure I'll always be obese, no matter what I look like on the outside.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active