Air fryer or NuWave

Lipsticklady
on 2/20/17 1:26 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

You are totally going to irritate my husband when I give up even more counter space!!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

ladygodiva1228
on 2/20/17 2:56 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

My husband will let me get what ever I want, because he knows he gets to sample everything I make. 

Heck he talked me into making him an apple pie yesterday.  I told him fine, but he was coming with me to the orchard.  FYI Jona Gold apples (not that I eat much fruit anymore) make the best apple pie WITHOUT ADDING any sugar.  I usually use Cortlands, but they were out so he picked out those. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

peachpie
on 2/20/17 1:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I just bought the Nuwave airfryer. Nuwave is just the brand (I think). Anyway I love it. The kids use it mostly- French fries come out perfectly crisp with out the grease. I've air fried chicken too--good for me who can't tolerate grease-- but the family prefers traditional fried. Any premade frozen food- fish sticks, French toast sticks, breaded shrimp, egg rolls all come out great.  It came with a book of interesting recipes-- but I'm not a recipe person. I did buy the kit that has a rack that allows for doing two items at once and a baking pan. 

Its pretty much replaced our deep fryer- which is what we previously used for fries. Where we used to microwave certain things out of laziness for it taking too long in the toaster oven, the airfryer has taken over that role. Well worth it IMO 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kathy S.
on 2/20/17 1:57 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I have a NuWave and love it.  It takes the place of my grilling outside.  But I have heard lots of great things about the air fryer.  Let me know what you buy and how you like it  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 2/20/17 3:31 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

Dang it.  Now I really want an air fryer. I just got an ice cream maker after reading eggface's blog about protein ice cream.   In fact, I'm eating some right now. 

My husband says I'm a kitchen gadget *****!  I think he's right.  I love to cook and bake.  Hmmm...better find some more room in the cabinets somehow.

:)  Rachel 

I had a VSG 2/1/17.

leeann73
on 2/20/17 6:32 pm

I've had a unwave oven and I now have a 2-1 actifry. Love them both for different for different reasons. The nuwave was great for grilling and had a big surface. Hard to clean though and the grills were hard to clean but did go into dishwasher. The actifry is amazing. Cooks meat in the top rack really well. Frozen food great in the. Ottom. Cleans really easily. But top portion is small so meat has to be cut up. 

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active