Losing too much weight

iloveravens
on 2/17/17 4:31 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

I agree with Hala, you should find yourself a good gastroenterologist.  You might have an ulcer or something more serious.  What you are describing is not normal.  Good luck.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/17/17 8:08 pm
You should go see your surgeon. You posted this post about 5 years ago and you were 113. You lost 8 lbs in 5 years. It doesn't sound exactly like an emergency. Unless the weight just started to come off within the last few weeks/months. If that is a case, you need to RUN (not walk) to a doctor, and find out why. At over 5 years out, you should not be losing weight as easily as when you first had surgery.

If it's a slow loss, then just track your food and make sure you eat more than the calories that you expend. Get a fit bit, use my fitness pal...it's pretty easy to track. If you cannot eat the calories, then drink them-it's a nasty habit...and I wouldn't normally recommend it, but if it's that dire then you need to start. Whatever you can tolerate. A few sips of juice-something sugary...or eat something like chips (slider foods).

This is not meant to sound mean: BUT if you have had this issue for over 5 years and you have not addressed it, could it be that you want to be "thin". My sister was very very heavy most of her life. She joined OA and followed the program religiously. I remember her talking to her sponser every day. She actually became anorexic. She started passing out in public-was hospitalized....and everyone became obsessed with her being too thin...and SHE LOVED IT. She wanted that attention- of course she complained about it-but she wanted people talking about how thin she was....it made her feel good. It took many years for her to overcome that.....if it is not a medical issue-then you should consider that it could be a psychological issue.

Scott
cindy5089
on 2/18/17 12:55 pm - Cedar Park, TX

Thank you for your reply.  I do not like the attention.  I do not want to be skinny.  I find it very disgusting and embarrassing! I am NOT your sister and I also was not heavy all my life. I actually find your suggestion of needing attention quite unnecessary and mean.  I would like to not hear any further from you as you are not helpful.

AggieMae
on 2/18/17 1:45 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

You asked a question and people took the time and energy to respond...You reaction here suggests that you need mental health counseling as well as a medical appointment to evaluate your physical issues. Good luck.

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/18/17 2:36 pm
As I said, my post was not meant to be mean, but helpful.

You posted this EXACT same post 5 years ago. OBVIOUSLY it is something that has been ongoing for a LONG time, hopefully you have already been working on this diligently with a medical professional- and this forum is not your only source of medical advice.

However, you asked the question, and I answered. If my comment strikes a nerve-you may want to go see a therapist. Again, your history suggests that you have not taken any action regarding this- except to post here.
ahuesatti
on 2/20/17 11:05 am
VSG on 02/27/17

Have you seen any doctor/dietitian/medical professional about this issue in the past 5 years? What did they have to say? That's the obvious starting point.

And as Scottie and others said, you posted the exact same thing (a few pounds different) 5 years ago. Who posts something so alarming and not expect people to ask questions or offer their personal experiences or advice? Why post the same thing again, 5 years apart?

Lipsticklady
on 2/20/17 12:23 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

What is your typical daily menu?  What is your activity level like?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Valerie G.
on 2/21/17 12:52 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

There are things you can do, but it's up to you to take control. 

First, you can EAT MORE.  More protein, more supplements, more carbs - especially if you're trying to gain weight.

Next, you can take digestive enzymes to increase the amount of absorption.  There are OTC kinds, or your doc can prescribe something more powerful.  Most people get considerable control after this.

Finally, there is the possibility of a revision, which I wouldn't even recommend unless it's a last resort.

Being that you've been at this for five years - what have you done for yourself already?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active