It's Friday, Let's Have Some Fun!

Renee C.
on 2/17/17 5:41 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

I'm looking forward to losing some of this weight and having more energy!  If I had more energy I would talk my husband into a camping trailer and putting a hitch on our truck, and we could zip off all over the state on the weekends to get out and enjoy nature more.  Maybe I won't even need a CPAP at some point.   Right now I just don't have the energy it would require to keep a trailer clean and maintained, and I don't think he wants even more work on his plate.  Tent camping is too much work and uncomfortable, at least at my current size/energy level, plus the whole cpap thing.

I'm a knitter but would like to pick up crochet for amigurumi (the little animals and such) -- you can knit some, but it seems crochet is a better choice for them and there are a lot more patterns.

I'm looking forward to knitting sweaters once my weight stabilizes.  Sweaters with some of my favorite wool & wool blend yarns that won't cost $200 or so dollars just in yarn because of my size. :)

Love my coloring books!  I dabbled in calligraphy years ago and am thinking of getting some brush pens and picking up some of the more modern lettering styles that are showing up in bullet journalling.

Sewing, too!  I used to sew a lot.  Another low energy problem.  

I sense a theme here... :)

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

Kathy S.
on 2/20/17 8:54 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Renee,

It will happen, take it one day at a time. I used to be almost a shutin.  The only place I went was work and back.  I could not walk anywhere without my left side going numb.  Yesterday I walked to Starbucks, Coscto and home for a total of over 6 miles.  YOU WILL DO IT TOO!

I love to knit but never tackled a sweater....I have one that I need to frog and just not had the heart to do so....  My first pair of socks ended up looking like I had a club foot.    My Grandma and Aunt taught me but we moved and I just never got the other lessons. Youtube helps but...

Crochet has the most adorable patterns, I agree with you and have wanted to get into it so I can do the cute patterns.

Stay in touch and be sure and take photos once a month, measurements and note when you start to have more energy and start getting stronger. This will help when the blank blank scale does not move

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/17 5:56 am, edited 2/17/17 10:01 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I am getting into leather work since my surgery.  It was something to do to keep my hands busy when I could not do any lifting of any significant weight.  This is going to be a sling for my 40 oz water bottle, so I can carry it easily over my shoulder.  

I don't get to see these guys as often as I would like, but when they come, trips to Papaw's shop to "make stuff" have become a high priority for them.  These are my two oldest grandsons and my son-in-law working on some birdhouses for their back yard.  

Now that I am back to normal and can move heavy stuff around with impunity, I can get back to recycling lead.  I collect wheel weights and turn them into these.  

And then back to the grandsons, when the day is over and it is time to settle down and get ready for bed, there is the reading of books.  Despite getting smaller myself, I'm gonna need a bigger chair pretty soon! We are actually watching a video in this pic, but books are at the top of the list.

Finally, when warmer weather arrives, I intend to relaunch my boat.  I built this a number of years ago, but all kinds of things got in the way of actually taking the time to sail.  I have always loved small boats, and getting smaller myself is going to facilitate that.  And of course, I have a small sized crew coming up who need to learn all about messing about in boats.  

CC C.
on 2/18/17 7:26 am

That chair picture would be so fun to recreate when they are all grown up!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/17 8:55 am
VSG on 10/11/16
On February 18, 2017 at 3:26 PM Pacific Time, Cecily C. wrote:

That chair picture would be so fun to recreate when they are all grown up!

They'll probably squash me like  bug by then!  

CC C.
on 2/18/17 9:17 am

Did I forget to mention that was the fun part? 

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/17 1:00 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Haha, for everyone except poor Papaw!  These guys already treat me like its cage match time at the World Wrestling Federation!  Doing battle with Papaw is on the absolute top of their list of things to do when I am around.  

Kathy S.
on 2/20/17 8:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WOW Bill I love this post and the photos.  Your grandson's are off the charts cute. Do you have 4 boys?  So far I have 2 boys....  You are so talented and with this weight loss the sky is not a limit!  GO BILL!

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/17 1:08 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Thank you Kathy.  I tell people I am a jack of all trades, and master of some.  We have six grandchildren so far, the four boys in the picture from one daughter, and two girls from another.  Our third daughter has not started yet, so there may be more.  

Kathy S.
on 2/20/17 1:25 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You are very blessed Bill!

Most Active