Vitamins

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/17/17 2:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I take Bariatric Advantage Ultra MultI Formula with Iron plus calcium citrate chewables.  I take 3 capsules per day (much easier for me than swallowing or chewing smelly horse pills), plus 3 of the calcium (spread apart by a minimum of 2 hours so the calcium and iron won't cancel each other out). I set a timer on my phone/work calendar to remind me when to take them.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

NickNack
on 2/17/17 3:30 am - Knoxville, TN

Thanks Renee C. and LizJustWantsHealth.  I'll probably try BA or Celebrate.  My weight loss surgeon's nutritionist called me back and said that they had reduced the size of their large vitamins since I took them last (Bari-Life).  I will probably go by there and look at the size and see if I think I could take them before I decide.  I'll compare the BA and Celebrate to the ASMBS Guidelines for what is recommended and then decide.  Thank you everyone for your input.

Lap RNY August 27, 2007
Age 60 Height 5' 5"
SW228/CW130/GW135

dagosson
on 2/17/17 8:54 pm

I take the celebrate chewables. They have a sample pack for a couple dollars and if you place an order after you try the sample, they take the sample price off your order. I don't mind taking these at all, but I just could not get the calcium tablets down even pre op, so I knew I would have a problem taking them post op. With the chewables I'm good about taking my supplements. I get my multi and my calcium from them, my iron, b-12 and d3 I get from Wegmans (my local grocery store)

RNY 9/28/16 at Highland Hospital with Dr O'Malley

Most Active