I'm tired of having a weight issue.

Valerie G.
on 2/16/17 2:09 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Revision requirements are the same as they are for virgin wls procedures.

• 40 BMI
  • 35 BMI with a comorbidity or three

Regaining 20 lbs isn't going to cut it, I'm afraid.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

kalkidan62003
on 2/23/17 4:02 pm
VSG on 12/26/17

Weightloss, whether it's from surgery or not, takes discipline and dedication. Nothing is going to be long term if you don't continue to be diligent in working out and eating healthy. You know this.

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/23/17 4:50 pm
I hope you find what you need in life. You cannot travel back in time, and a revision for 20 lbs is just too dangerous. IT RRRRRRREEEAAALLLLY IS TOO DANGEROUS. Try to lose the weight through the advice you get here. The RNYers on here are really honest and real about how you have to eat with the RNY to be successful. They will support you if you want to find your way back to losing that regain.

On the other hand, you won't get a lot of support on this forum for what you are saying (eating whatever you want, not dieting for the rest of your life..etc). However, I do understand what you are saying it, and why you are saying it.

THIS IS THE EXACT REASON I HAD THE DS. I could not diet the rest of my life. Like your husband- I eat pretty much what I want 99 percent of the time. I had to low carb it the end of last year because after 10 1/2 years I regained 20 lbs (I lost 300 so it was less than a 10 % rebound which my surgeon predicted before I had surgery, and am 6'1'' so no one noticed, but I didn't like it, so I lost in very quickly). Now I'm back to eating whatever. This is one reason on my bottom signature line says-think twice cut once

Again- regretting your surgery choice, or wishing you could change it, or taking a dangerous option for a minor regain should not be an option. Instead, I would highly recommend focusing on trying to work with what you have and really work on thinking about the fact that it is a gift to be thinner and healthier and in a better place overall.

Good luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/17 3:16 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful reply! Yes I do wish I had joined the "dark side" as a few super smart lightweights managed to do but frankly I was glad to get any help at all. 

I Do love being healthy just don't appreciate a body that constantly wants to regain. I know compared to others I may be able to eat a little more but a diet feels crappy to everyone and I really think it slows your metabolism. 

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/24/17 5:34 pm
People get upset when I say things like "will you be happy dieting for the rest of your life?".....I just don't understand who would be!

I hated dieting prior to WLS, and still hate it.

Did you tried weight lifting? Having a lot of muscle mass, makes it easier to eat more freely. Muscle burns calories, while fat doesn't do anything besides make you feel like you want to eat more!

Scott
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 4:10 am

I TOTALLY agree with you Scott!!! Thank God I can eat more than most RNYers here because I built muscle as a kid athlete. 

To be honest with you I really haven't tried weightlifting post-op. Once I have another round of plastic surgery ( for the bra overhang upper back love handles and upper stomach area- I,m an apple shape ..  I just might. 

Right now in a gym I focus too much on my body's flaws grrr - maybe because I,m a visual artist. 

I actually used to give personal training clients the same advice a long time ago and have seen it work for the dedicated. Of course the no fat extremely low carb seemingly all lean protein bodybuilding diet is still a diet ..  a real boring one ! 

I find running rollerblading and particularly swimming very body tightening post op and also that they lean you out. My only issue with getting up and making excercise my first priority is I discovered drinking nightly wine spritzers somewhere in my post op journey and the two don,t really mesh . 

I have gotten rid of an abusive jealous boyfriend very recently so hopefully I,ll start taking better physical care of myself - relationships like that are very depressing. 

Congratulations on maintaining your 300 lb weight loss both things are truly remarkable! I'd love to hear about your weightlifting regimen and wether you found like many of my clients did that lifting weights noticeably tightened your skin . 

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/25/17 10:39 am
Not really. When you lose 300 lbs, nothing will tighten up the skin except plastics. I could easily spend 100k to remove everything that has to be removed.....I did the LBL and the upper body lift. I could do my thighs, chin, arms, and redo the LBL and UPL (skin relaxes over time)....but honestly aside from my chin....I can't see spending money or the down time to do it, when I can spend that money to do things I want to do....or buy things I want.

Scott
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 1:30 pm

This is a Very interesting and controversial topic. Personally I would spend the hundred grand immediately ( and you could probably get the same results for half the price overseas) 

if if I had " ultimate hubby " who loved me when I was fat and losing ... maybe I wouldn't get the hottie-making plastics but I would so resent him keeping me from being all I could be. 

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/25/17 2:49 pm
I don't think it's controversial. Many would spend a 100k or travel abroad. I actually looked at going to mexico or Brazil....it's about 1/2 to 1/3 the price (depending on who does the surgery) plus the cost of travel.

However, over time, I just realized, that it's not that important. I may eventually address some of it.....but again, it's not that big a deal. Happiness is not completely related to the way your body looks.
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 3:16 pm

You Do know U Are absolutely right .. the biggest Turn ön is between his ears lol! 

Most Active