I'm tired of having a weight issue.

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 1:55 pm, edited 2/15/17 5:55 am

I agree with you about the DS . I would consider a distal RNY if it was an option. 

As far as aging I find I'm very lucky. They say 10% of the population doesn't age like the others .Wouldn't it be interesting if someone did a study , pinpointed the genes responsible and figured out to support their functioning better for ALL of us ? 

-Flo-
on 2/15/17 5:45 pm
DS on 04/11/16

I don't know about distal RNY but alot of people have trouble with alcohol following the DS. The I can't get off the toilet kinda trouble. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/17 12:27 am

REALLY! Yikes 

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/17 1:04 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey, this is responding to your forum post some time ago. I know a lot of people were giving you guff about your diet choices. I'm not nearly as far out, but the way I see it is it's not really their place to decide what you eat. I do have an idea of what you could try. If you can afford it, you might be good to go off insurance and head to Mexico for your surgery. Most surgeons won't work on you again with the little you have gained, but you would have more luck with an off insurance surgeon out of country. Something to look into if you haven't!

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 7:04 am

Thank you for your kind supportive reply Mershmellow! Yes I have looked into Mexico and even Eastern Europe regarding a revision both places do not require you to be massively overweight ( they prefer nipping the issue in the bud - no diabetes no plastics) 

this may well be the pattern for bariatric surgery in the future in America . 

I just want to know that ithe improvement reglarding regain will be worth the money and physical risk and downtime. 

NHPOD9
on 2/16/17 5:59 am

I have a distal; it is not the panacea you are looking for.  I'm currently fighting regain.  The culprit?  Excess carbs.  Additionally, I struggle with maintaining iron levels, although this happens with many postops, so I do not feel it is necessarily a side effect of the distal. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 7:09 am

Hi Jen ! There are Many over the counter iron supplements out there some of which work far better for us than others. 

Have you tried Ferro- sequels? There are four kinds of non-elemental iron ( which we can't absorb and which constipates us) in each caplet . When I feel lethargic I take a few for a few days and bounce right back to high energy normal. 

Ive had iron issues my whole life have lived with the diagnosis of anemic ... and yet I started and starred in Boys' sports held state records etc. I really believe anemia can be managed and successfully lived with. 

zann50
on 2/17/17 12:34 pm

IMHO, you are poly-addicted and now you are adding surgery to the list...I am sure you are a bit long in the tooth for fashion modeling.  Alcohol certainly does a number on facial aging.  Creative...yes, a real piece of work.  

Cathy H.
on 2/16/17 11:21 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I could swear I saw a post from you earlier today saying you had consumed 4500 calories yesterday?  Did I imagine that?  If not, then no wonder you've gained weight!!  That's more than twice the average calorie intake for women.  Holy cow!!  If all you eat is salads and stuff like you say, then you are definitely consuming a massive amount of calories and carbs with alcohol and other high carb foods.  If you don't dial it back to 2000/day, you're going to continue to gain, no doubt about that.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 8:31 am

Yes you are right . A lot of dieting people I find calculate their calories optimistically. I try very hard to actually add up the " shameful " truth. 

My personal take away is you work out enuf you won't ever hav to diet. Thank God we get a little  eventual relief! 

Most Active