I'm tired of having a weight issue.

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 9:54 am
theAntiChick
on 2/15/17 10:04 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Thanks for this.  I'm going to post it to a couple of groups I am in where friends are struggling with "when to let go".  I like the author's statement that if you do it 9 out of 10 times there's hope.  However, I can absolutely state that I wouldn't tolerate being in a relationship with someone who was using a crutch (alcohol, gaming, or something else) even 7 times out of 10.  Escapism is great every once in a while, but when it becomes the default response, that person cannot be a true partner, and I deserve better.  And how long someone stays mired in the escapism matters too.  If my hubby goes and plays a game for an hour or two to deal with something and then comes back and re-engages, that's a different situation than him gaming all night and essentially completely avoiding whatever it is until it comes back around on another day.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

ladygodiva1228
on 2/15/17 10:10 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On February 15, 2017 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

I tried sobriety for 11 months following my divorce. HATED it!!!!!

for me, life is too short to waste sober lol . I like to have fun ! 

It is really sad that you think you have to drink and be drunk to have fun. 

Is your life that miserable that you have drink away your problems to make yourself feel better?

You are a prime example of someone who should not have been cleared to have WLS.  You don't want to follow the rules and think you're a special snowflake. 

When your liver gives out or you have a stroke or heart attack and end up dying a painful, miserable, lonely death just remember you have no one to blame but yourself and your need to have fun!!

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Gwen M.
on 2/15/17 10:50 am, edited 2/15/17 2:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

There are other ways to have fun.  

Although, honestly, at the rate you're going life will indeed be "too short."  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jester
on 2/15/17 11:56 am
RNY on 03/21/16 with

Maybe you should start smoking pot instead.  And I'm only half kidding. 

As you seem bound and determined not to be sober, at least it has no calories, is far less addictive, you can't overdose on it, and it won't destroy your liver.  Party on!

Lipsticklady
on 2/15/17 12:08 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I have to agree with this one!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 1:42 pm

LOL !!! Except it makes me dumb for like a week and I eat like a racehorse. No pot does not work for me . Too bad ! 

Lipsticklady
on 2/16/17 6:26 am
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

LOL !!! Except it makes me dumb for like a week and I eat like a racehorse. No pot does not work for me . Too bad ! 

Ava Fern, is this you?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

Lipsticklady
on 2/16/17 4:49 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On February 16, 2017 at 2:26 PM Pacific Time, Lipsticklady wrote:
On February 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

Ava Fern, is this you?

I totally need to retract that!   The AvaFern on the other site was a totally different person.

I was thinking that this person sounds like someone we had by the name of BellaBloom.  And no, not doxxing (I had to google that), just trying to figure out all the characters.  :D

Amy R.
on 2/15/17 9:10 am, edited 2/15/17 1:19 am

Ava I'm sorry you are going through what you're going through.  But even with the DS folks can have re-gain if they eat too many carbs and sugars.

I get that you want to continue to drink and that is definitely your prerogative.  Is there a way you can factor those calories into what your body needs in order to maintain the weight you want?  Because even though that's a pain right now (the counting calories part), I think that once you get a feel for it you won't need to continue to track things on such a pain-in-the-ass level.  I don't track calories at all and I've re-lost two very significant regains.  I'm not tiny but I am at my lowest weight ever post-op.

It might be worth it to give a little more structure some thought.  You can eliminate some calories other places and still have your drink and be the weight you are shooting for. 

Lots of people track calories and such in very minute detail and that works for them.  Some of us "track" on a macro level instead because that's what works for us.  (I will be very honest here and admit that if I tracked on a more detailed level I could probably lose down to a size or two smaller.  For me, at this stage in my life, it's just not worth it.  I'm happy where I am.)

I hope you figure out what works for you.  Even with more surgery you will face that moment when you have to make decisions about re-gain.  No surgery is magic.  Or fool-proof.

Best wishes on your journey.  =)

edited to add:  I think others may have mentioned this but as far as rules regarding insurance, each insurance company has their own rules.  Even different policies within the same company have different rules.  Call the 800 number on the back of your insurance card and ask.  Then have them send you their answer in writing.

Most Active