Any Successful long-term DS Vegans Vegeteraians or semi Vegetariams out there ?

Valerie G.
on 2/15/17 10:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I tracked everything on Fitday.com when I was trying to lose.  I've regained 20 lbs over 11 years, give or take 5lbs. I didn't sweat it because I understood expectations of average regain.   I'm 47 now and long past trying to get a hot body.  I don't track anymore, but I probably eat around 100-120 carbs daily.  Eating high protein/fat, the calorie count is through the roof, but doesn't affect me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 12:51 pm

Interesting! Especially not having to count calories just carbs.. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 1:26 pm

As a feminist I do have a categorical objection to starving myself and I find diets and tracking what I eat feels misogynistic. 

The rebel in me really liked the idea of bulimia - too bad it didn't work lol. 

AggieMae
on 2/18/17 7:25 am
VSG on 10/25/16
On February 15, 2017 at 6:02 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

I don't indulge in sugar only stevia. But I suspect Alcohol does get metabolized as a sugar as does even " half/caf " trop 50 half calorie orange juice. 

How many carbs do you limit yourself to Val? Do you actually count them every day and stop eating when you reach your limit? 

I have 25 grams of carbs on Valentine's day. I count them everyday. And, yes, I stop eating when I am full.

In other words...after having MAJOR abdominal surgery that altered my anatomy I follow my doctor instructions and my prescription diet. 

Please stop assuming that other people are as irresponsible as you are. It's your body, you can stuff your face all you want, but don't come here trying to justify or excuse your behavior...

because...well...Valentine's Day, wedding anniversary, my birthday, kid's birthday, fourth of July, husband's birthday, Labor Day, other kids birthday. Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, best friends birthday, daughters wedding, Halloween, Towel Day, 99 cents corn dogs at Sonic day, day at work, good day at work, Starbucks on every corner...

Um.. "celebrating"  every 10 pound weight loss with a pizza walked down with a big bottle of whine? No thanks.

Djmohr
on 2/18/17 12:08 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

If you are drinking tea lattes, they are made with milk which is great for he protein but has carbs as well. To me, between the lattes and drinks you are literally breaking one of the most important rules that will cause regain. You are drinking your calories......alone you would be over what you should consume daily.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/15/17 1:19 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

That's a really, really, really, really, really crappy diet. You can put the words "low fat" in front of a few things, and it won't help.

No surgery will keep you from gaining weight while you eat and drink like that. And apart from gaining weight, it's just plain unhealthy. It's mostly empty calories, void of nutrition.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 1:22 pm

I don't eat pizza very often lol yesterday was Valentine's Day and the boyfriend brought it by. I do find it very fattening even my leaned- down version. 

Djmohr
on 2/18/17 12:10 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

Honestly it is probably not the pizza. You are consuming your daily allowance of calories in drinks like lattes and wine spritzers. If you are unwilling to change this, no amount of surgery will help you.

VSGAnn2014
on 2/15/17 11:24 am, edited 2/15/17 3:28 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Having now read all the posts by quutgrrl who started this thread, I realize I know her from another bariatric board (as "Ava") where I heard her all whining, nonsensical baloney before.  

For three years I've seen Ava begging for "help," but she never received any advice she actually liked.  There was always something inadequate about everything anyone offered that somehow didn't quite meet her needs.  

And now she's asking us -- with a straight face, no less -- to help her figure out how to eat 3500 - 4000 calories a day and drink her way to being a skinny *****  Permanently.    

I don't even know if she's a real person.  

BTW, that's her cue to burst into tears and say how mean people are.  And that she's tried so hard, but the bariatric community is against her and doesn't understand her because she's so talented and cute and sexy.  

quutgrrl / Ava / whoever you are -- you're right, I can't help you.  

Buh bye.  

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 1:02 pm

I have no idea who or what you're talking about but I'm not on any other bariatric boards. 

But I'm not surprised if my ideas and concerns have been mirrored by others' - I think they're pretty logical considering all the dietary restrictions and exercise in the world didn't help most of us permanently but a surgical intervention did. 

Its also not an original idea but extremely common that our surgeons only expect us to keep 50% of our excess weight off long term so those of us who want to lose and keep off100% of our excess are forced to get very creative. 

I am also probably not alone in refusing to settle for a simply better life - I want a Great one now that I've been miraculously delivered from daily health issues and misery due to carrying a Lot of excess weight. 

Most Active