Sugar crash

Deanna798
on 2/14/17 9:30 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Hey Nik,

I got so sick at the OH Conference because I put too much half and half in my coffee.  It was horrible.  I learned that I can't use half and half unless it's served in those little cups.

Ice cream would literally kill me.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/17 9:35 am - CA

Deanna, I know what you mean.  I have to stay away from creamers flavored and I have to use the liquid as opposed to powder, because of how I react to them.   As for ice cream........I don't touch it, ever.   It has about killed me a few times in the past or at least made me wish I was dead and say never again to it.   lol

Deanna798
on 2/14/17 9:41 am
RNY on 08/04/15

That's why I wish i had true Dumping Syndrome, lol.  I wish every cracker, cookie and naughty snack that I like made me deathly ill.  It would make it so much easier to stay on track.  Oh well, we do the best with what we have!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/17 9:58 am - CA

I wholeheartedly agree!   As you know, I am working on my regain and while I have lost weight, it is still a struggle, daily to not go for the easy, slider foods.   But, that is why this is a life style change and not just for the first 5 years.   

It is also why I stay within the community.  I do better, I hold myself accountable and I am successful in maintaining or losing.    I cannot stress that enough to anyone, regardless of where they are in their journey.   It is so easy to fall back into those habits that got us to the point of needing surgery in the first place.     

Deanna798
on 2/14/17 10:05 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I don't just stick around here for all the sunny personalities...

Actually, that is one reason I do, but really I stick around because I know that if I just forget about everything that I'd be 300 lbs again, and very quickly.  

Deanna798
on 2/14/17 9:28 am
RNY on 08/04/15

18 months post RNY and I can't even look at ice cream without shuddering.  I believe that I have a severe lactose intolerance and ice cream makes me want to die.  Not kidding.  

I'm not even tempted by it at all.  

The Salty Hag
on 2/14/17 12:52 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I can't have ice cream unless I make it myself, so I don't eat it very often because I'm too lazy to go through the motions. Even the NSA ice cream at grocery stores makes me sick because most of them use sorbitol as a sugar sub. That stuff is a no-go for me. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Rachel B.
on 2/14/17 2:31 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm hypoglycemic.  Even in the past years when I was 'non-compliant' I would get the sugar buzz, then the sugar CRASH.  My poor alert dog had a busy, busy life.  She was the most awesomeness...  Anywhoo.  Now that I'm back 'in compliance', I feel so much better, and my sugar drops have decreased.  HALLELUJAH! 

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active