Still eating too fast

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/17 7:24 am
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/17 2:46 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

We got one of these for Jester the dog. It arrived yesterday. You put his food in it and he has to nudge it around to make it fall out piece by piece. Maybe we could get them to make one for bariatric patients so we can be more mindful while we eat.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/17 5:25 pm
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/17 12:42 am

Lol. If I had to work for it I'd definitely eat less! 

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/14/17 2:55 pm
It will get better, but it took me a good 6 months to learn to eat again.

Scott
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/17 5:58 pm
Vegbeth
on 2/14/17 8:20 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

I use a baby spoon. I bought a nice stainless steel Oneida one off amazon. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/17 12:45 am

Yes! This works ! I use very small dishes and a parfait spoon . You can always go back for seconds but having a small measured portion and a small size spoon forces me to slow down and actually taste and enjoy the food . 

Since I switched to this I rarely give myself a sneezing fit by eating too much too fast 

armygalbonnie
on 2/15/17 2:07 pm

My goal is 20 minutes.  Sometimes I have to work really hard at it, especially at a restaurant with other people when the atmosphere is fast. I can almost never make my meal last for 30 minutes, so I'm ok with 20 and my Dr said that's ok too.   

Sai F.
on 2/16/17 9:59 am
VSG on 09/02/16

I don't have time to read the whole thread right now, on break but just in case no one else mentioned this... What helps me is that I chew no less than 25 times per bite, my meat/cheese... Etc. cut up in small pieces, and I always use chopsticks if it's something I can cut up in bite size pieces. If it's soft foods, I put my fork/spoon down after each bite, watching the clock. I'm not always successful on the latter but it does help. 

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Most Active