Vets- How much regain is acceptable to you?

schenwhit14
on 2/14/17 7:32 pm

Im a 7 year vet and I lost 125 pds. From 324 to 199 and i hoovered at 199 sometimes dropping to 195, but past 2 years i have gained 45 pounds mostly due to stress eating. I am slowly working my way back down because this is too much weight gain for me.

Valerie G.
on 2/15/17 6:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Statistically, surgeons consider your surgery a success if you maintain 50% of your ewl after six years.  This goes for RNY, Sleeve and LapBand.  For DS the expectation is 79%.  See article here

Now, that being said, there are many here that are doing much better.  How much are you willing to fight this?  I got from 286 to 140, then creeped up to 165.  I've stayed here pretty effortlessly and being in my mid-40's, the skinny *****es from my 20's are packing it on and drooping down, so I fit in, LOL.  Statistically, I'm at 14% regain, so still below that stat above for DS.  I'm a size 10 (sometimes 12) instead of an 8 (sometimes 6), but I'm 47 now and imperfection is allowed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

AggieMae
on 2/18/17 1:34 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I am not a vet but I am very good a "dieting" and have lost (the same) 100 pounds seven times.

While I now regret waiting so long to have WLS I still take the fact that I altered my anatomy to loss weight very seriously. I an 30lbs from my doctors 18 month goal and about 50 pounds from my goal (170-175lbs) which is overweight but not obese.  It's also the weight that, in the past, I have been able to maintain the lo gets and most consistenly within a 5 pound range. However, I am not committed to this as a final goal. 

As for cloths. I give away or toss everything as soon as it's loose and once I get down to regular sizes everything possible  is going to have zippers and waist bands. Elastic is not my friend!

Most Active