What are you going to have on Valentines Day?

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/13/17 11:49 am
VSG on 08/29/16

One of my friends has referred to Valentines Day as "singles awareness day" and I always laughed at it until I realized that losing a loved one is a reason why some people are single. 

Fredbear
on 2/13/17 1:56 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Neither of us are fans of Hallmark holidays, so our VD Day will be as quiet as any other evening. 

It's my turn to cook, so I picked up some chicken skewers and will be making spicy satay Tuesday. 

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

ThatMeanOne
on 2/14/17 9:17 am
VSG on 08/22/16

We are planning to hit the gym after work - then honestly I don't know what the plans are...   

Mr. MeanOne had asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner but honestly right now I'm not enjoying eating out very much. I suspect we may end up at the new burger place that just opened up by my house - which is fine. I'll just do the burger with no bun - and probably still have half for work tomorrow - which is always nice. 

I bought him a big box of chocolate and a bottle of red wine - I hope he bought me something silky.  We will see...

Though Valentine's Day is not a big deal for us I am kind of enjoying having an excuse to be a little extra today...

Been sending him sappy texts all day...

Sai F.
on 2/14/17 9:48 am
VSG on 09/02/16

I prefer eating crabs, steamed and then eat it with some aioli, or with spicy vinegar. Yum.

Today I'm going to have Shrimp ****tail but I eat it with my homemade salsa (tomatoes, onions, jalapeno juice... Etc.). I also made some really good beef broth made from bone marrow bones with lots of veggies. Not really out of the ordinary for me, but I'm going to sooo enjoy it. 

It's going to be an all movie day.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 5:23 am

I make the best fat free scallion crab and scallion lobster dish . You need to start with sautéing lots of fresh ginger and garlic, minced in strong chicken broth - I use Chinese cooking wine two cubes of good chicken bouillon dissolved in organic chicken broth. Coconut milk is also a good addition- or just coconu****er. After garlic turns golden is losing its raw taste add the live crabs ( rinsed and scrubbed obviously) let them boil in the broth remove when red and add wine mixed with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and two cups at least of chopped scallions

. You can if you like chop the lobster/crab into small shelled pieces roll them in cornstarch and returning them to the chow sauce let the cornstarch form a silky attractive coating like in a Chinese restaurant. This is the exact same dish you get there without the two cups of oil. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/14/17 9:54 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Nothing fancy for dinner, I have stuff thawed to make cheese-stuffed mini meatloaves so we will say "I love you" with the gift of beef.

My husband is an animal-lover, so for his Valentine gift I'm sponsoring the adoption fee of a dog at the county pound in his name. Meet Minnie!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

CC C.
on 2/14/17 10:17 am

I'd "Like" more than once if I could! I adore dogs.

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 5:24 am

aww! That's a great VD gift ! 

okiepirate
on 2/14/17 3:36 pm
VSG on 11/08/14

Going to celebrate the lower weight and do indoor skydiving with GF.  She still got her roses and candy though.

Lipsticklady
on 2/14/17 5:01 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I made everyone's favorites.  Steak, spaghetti squash and tiny red potatoes, with apple pie for dessert.

I don't eat potatoes (they come right back) and I'm not a fan of pie.  One bite will be enough for me!

Oh!  I did buy myself a new vacuum yesterday. My husband bought me some chocolate covered strawberries and hand dipped pretzels and my youngest kid happily devoured them.  

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Most Active