It's Friday, Let's Have Some Fun!

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 2:59 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hey roxytrim,

What a GREAT NSV!  I hope you were doing a little dance of celebration in the changing room too   i have never heard of Lucky Brand Jeans, will have to check them out  

AGE IS JUST A STATE OF MIND MY FRIEND!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

DubfromBP
on 2/10/17 2:55 pm
VSG on 10/13/15

My most recent "cool shopping story, bro" was a trip to Cabela's.

I picked up some Drake gear that will look sporty at a Duck's Unlimited event, lol.

Should've felt like a poser.....but it felt good to walk in and buy stuff off the rack in a normal store and it didn't have to be biggie sized.

I'm 6'4" so much of my stuff is taller cut.....but the shirt and sweater that day were simply 2XL.  Less gut for it to cover made the clothes hang longer, I suppose.

Huge respect for the SASS folks.   That has always been something I've found interesting.  I'll bet their events are packed with some colorful characters who are fun to spend time with.

I've been wanting to get into 3-Gun shooting comps, at some point, too.  Figured I'd start with some of the local Glock events first.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/10/17 3:49 pm, edited 2/10/17 8:11 am
VSG on 08/29/16
On February 10, 2017 at 10:55 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote:

I picked up some Drake gear that will look sporty at a Duck's Unlimited event, lol.

Should've felt like a poser.....but it felt good to walk in and buy stuff off the rack in a normal store and it didn't have to be biggie sized.

I'm 6'4" so much of my stuff is taller cut.....but the shirt and sweater that day were simply 2XL.  Less gut for it to cover made the clothes hang longer, I suppose.

Huge respect for the SASS folks.   That has always been something I've found interesting.  I'll bet their events are packed with some colorful characters who are fun to spend time with.

I've been wanting to get into 3-Gun shooting comps, at some point, too.  Figured I'd start with some of the local Glock events first.

Glock guys... Sheesh! I thought you wanted to compete not just spend money on ammo!

DubfromBP
on 2/10/17 3:57 pm
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 10, 2017 at 11:49 PM Pacific Time, Highfunctioningfatman wrote:

Glock guys... Sheesh! I thought you wanted to complete not just spend money on ammo!

Yup......everyone running same guns......skill comes to the surface.

Actually I have no idea........

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/10/17 4:10 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On February 10, 2017 at 11:57 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote:

Glock guys... Sheesh! I thought you wanted to complete not just spend money on ammo!

I'm not a 3 gun shooter. In fact I don't own an AR which is commonly used in 3 gun and my wheel guns aren't a good choice due to capacity. 

If they are limited to just Glock for the pistol it is because nobody could say that their poor shooting was because of the gun. If they were shooting real guns like Sig, H&K, Kimber etc. then their shooting would improve. Just my opinion. Can you tell that I no longer own a playskool firearm? 

DubfromBP
on 2/10/17 4:57 pm
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 11, 2017 at 12:10 AM Pacific Time, Highfunctioningfatman wrote:
On February 10, 2017 at 11:57 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote:

I'm not a 3 gun shooter. In fact I don't own an AR which is commonly used in 3 gun and my wheel guns aren't a good choice due to capacity. 

If they are limited to just Glock for the pistol it is because nobody could say that their poor shooting was because of the gun. If they were shooting real guns like Sig, H&K, Kimber etc. then their shooting would improve. Just my opinion. Can you tell that I no longer own a playskool firearm? 

I think I may have crossed up a few shooting sports by accident.

3-Gun has no branding loyalties.  Run the brands/models you want that fit each division spec profiles.

I should've been more clear.....in that I was planning on just hitting the Glock only events as my first competition type shooting when I get into it.  Georgia is Glock-rich in terms of those type of comps....I suppose due to the proximity to the Smyrna facility.

The simplicity and ease of entry for the Glock events was the draw.  I already have a few and could compete in multiple divisions. It wouldn't much more than some ammo to get me rolling there.  That was the appeal.

I'm not a dyed in the wool Glock guy, but I must say that I've never, ever had a single malfunction with one. They aren't much to get worked up about but they have run good for me.  

They don't have the character of a nicely made wheelgun or a well fitted 1911.....but then again I don't get worried if I scratch one up badly as it's on my hip and I'm unslinging an aluminum tree stand off my back.  It's just another Glock, lol.  I'll wipe it down with Breakfree and never give it another thought.  Replacement parts just drip in with zero trouble....no fitting.....and are easy to get.

I respect the Glocks, but I don't get the warm fuzzy over them like I do some of the other guns I own.

I noticed a trend last time I was getting my gear for the day out of the gun safe.  Dang near every weapon in there was: polymer stocked, camo, tactical or otherwise.   There wasn't much in there with character.  I feel the need to add at least a couple wood 'n blued guns.  A lever gun, a bolt gun and a blued wheelgun need to reside there and get some use.

I've never owned a .30'06.  I've had dang near every magnum out there...and I generally always go back to my trusty old .270 Win.    Something about a nicely blued, rich grained wood stocked .30'06 appeals to me.  My good hunting bud has told me for years that I'd never buy another rifle if I'd to just this, lol.

The blued wheelgun is a more open category.  A single action .45 lc would be fun.  I saw a Ruger Birdshead in the store not long ago and it almost came home with me.

The 3-Gun comps, though......would be mighty fun.  Just gonna take me longer to work up to that due to three main obstacles...and only one easily managed: capability---I've got a couple joint things to get resolved...one, apparently soon than later......next is the gear....a quick optic on my AR and its ready, my current Glocks or 1911's will run fine......just need to add the right scattergun.  I've got a short barreled 870 that will get me running...but I'm seeing this as the weakness in my current kit.  The final challenge is the timing and travel of these events.  That's gonna take some lead time and I'm burning through vacation time too quickly this year while healing up joint setbacks.....grrrrrrrr.

I'm going to plan a range trip next week.  Gonna leave off all the tactical-type stuff and have an all steel & wood session.

5" Ruger Redhawk and a 1911 will be in the range bag.  I'll feel better for it.

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/17 2:08 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Tactical stuff is for training.  Almost anything I carry is a modern combat style piece.  When we go for leisure, it is lever guns and wheelie guns - blue steel and walnut, and the exotic smell of burnt powder and bullet lube.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/17 12:56 am

Holy cow you guys ! My only familiarity is having a kids air pellet gun to scare a raccoon with lol. 

I'm never knocking on your door unexpectedly... might get blown away

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/17 5:13 am
VSG on 10/11/16
On February 16, 2017 at 8:56 AM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

Holy cow you guys ! My only familiarity is having a kids air pellet gun to scare a raccoon with lol. 

I'm never knocking on your door unexpectedly... might get blown away

I've been shooting probably longer than you've been alive, and I have never shot anyone, or even come close to it.  How many people do you think they let us gun owners shoot before they decide to lock us up?  Hmmmm?  Contrary to what the antis tell people, we do not shoot people for poor service in restaurants, or to get a better parking space, or because we don't like who someone voted for.  Studies have been conducted to show that American gun owners are some of the most law abiding people on the planet.  The antis love to lump us all in with the criminal element to try and make their point.

Perhaps if you took more time to learn about it beyond a childhood BB gun, you wouldn't have such a skewed idea of gun owners.  Claiming gun owners are likely to shoot people on a whim is no different than claiming fat people are fat because they are lazy and stupid.  

Renee C.
on 2/10/17 4:12 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

JJill and Ann Taylor.  I love the elegant,simple lines.  JJill has plus sizes but they don't work well with my body type -- I store my weight in my belly, so I look pregnant.   

If I get near goal, I'm hoping with some shapewear I can pull off the look. :)  One thing in my favor is that I have small breasts even now, and thin I am pretty much flat -- a double-A cup.   Most tailored blouses & dresses expect some breasts, but I think these particular brands are OK for smaller breast sizes.

At the top of my list for if I get to size 12 or below is an abdominoplasty and breast augmentation/lift so I can fit into clothes better!

I'm sure hubby will be thrilled if I get into VS sizing. :)

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

Most Active