It's Friday, Let's Have Some Fun!

CC C.
on 2/10/17 6:54 pm

Not being average makes dressing hard!

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/17 2:04 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Mrs. LittleBill is 7" shorter than I am, and her inseam is 3" longer.  It is not fair.  Of course, she thinks that too, but for different reasons.  

* Nicole *
on 2/10/17 4:55 pm

LOL! Whats your shoulder span just across? Im between 23-24" across and not a scrap of fat on them. Im a hair shy of 5'10" yet my "wing span" is 6'3". I wear a 32- 34" inseam on my pants, BUT Im short from knee to floor with my uppper legs much longer than the lower (they should be a bit more equal, true riding tall boots are a PITA to find to fit with 16.5" calves that are all muscle.) If a shirt has stretch and length I can do a large, if not most of the time its XL. Jeans 10-12 style makes a big difference, as I have tall hips, and mid rise jeans dont always sit right. And "mom"jeans jab into my massive rib cage since I only have a couple finger gap between them. I feel your pain about getting stuff that fits.

What I have found that fits well, is the Lularoe clothing. The way they make the shirts and such works well for the hard to fit and you find cute nearly one of a kind items. So get all the same style you want, you wont ever have 2 of the same unless you attempt to hunt it down.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

CC C.
on 2/10/17 6:53 pm

Ooh, I don't know what my shoulder width is (might be hard to measure by myself), but I just awkwardly measured my wingspan and it's 6'4" from middle finger to middle finger. I know coach seats are awful no matter what I weigh. I'm simultaneously invading the shoulder space of my neighbor and getting slammed by the drink carts in the aisle. My inseam is around 32" with those same muscular calves that are 16.5" too.

I hadn't heard of Lularoe before last week so I'll have to check it out! Thank you!

* Nicole *
on 2/11/17 4:40 am

I totally feel you on coach seats. I usually end up rotating to one hip.or the other a bit so I dont "interfere" lol. Just like I dread older movie theaters or concert venues seats. Yes I fit in the seat fine, now I cant say that my shoulders do, lol. They are wider across than my hips (which Im good with Im not a fan of the pear shape). 

But yes check out Lularoe, whats cool is every "consultant" has different inventory. You can join many groups on FB or even find local boutiques or parties to go to. I was never a huge fan of thoes types of things. But after my first go with Lula, I really like it. Comfy cute and many different sizes and styles and colors/designs. And well the leggings are to die for buttery soft, lol.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/10/17 12:34 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I would like to have a tailored suit and a reason to wear it. 

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 12:53 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Nice HFFM  My husband wore suits and he wore them very well!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/10/17 1:55 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On February 10, 2017 at 8:53 PM Pacific Time, Kathy S. wrote:

Nice HFFM  My husband wore suits and he wore them very well!

I've only worn one when I got married and then I had to have the jacket with dress pants when we did an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon. We live in the land of blue jeans, boots, work shirts and fake cowgirls. Not much use for a suit here.

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 2:55 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Sounds like where I was born......men only wore suits at their wedding and funeral.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

roxytrim
on 2/10/17 1:05 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

My sweet spot is Lucky Brand Jeans Stores.  I was not familiar with them until I stumbled across them when I was on my way down. They are not easy to find up here in Canada, but there are two stores in Toronto. My thrill is to go into the changroom and shout..."do these come in a smaller size"? They might be young for me but WTH -gonna wear them as long as I can pull it off. 

Most Active