It's Friday, Let's Have Some Fun!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/10/17 12:35 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On February 10, 2017 at 6:40 PM Pacific Time, LittleBillJr wrote:

Can we reply even if we haven't gotten there yet?  I'm going to, so you may have to slap my wrist if not.  I have wanted one of these ever since I was a (not so little) kid.  Several years ago, when I was out in AZ on business, I even stopped in a custom holster shop and discussed the possibility with the man who made the belts and holsters.  He said he could do it, but it was going to cost a fortune.  

When I reach my destination, one of these is definitely in the works.  And if I can swing it with Mrs. LittleBill, I will be adding a second, matching revolver so I can go for a double rig.  I always liked those double rigs in the movies.  And if anyone is wondering what in the world it would be good for, there is a whole group of people who make this a social event.  

Single Action Shooting Society

I like your style!

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 12:38 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Me Too HFFM!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/10/17 11:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I was unexpectedly excited to be able to buy spandex cycling gear! I'm totally lumpy underneath it, and I absolutely don't care; I can't imagine wearing jeans when riding any longer than 10 minutes!

I'm doing a triathlon in May (eek!) and I'll need to get a one-piece tri suit for that-- basically a swimsuit with built-in shorts. Even though I'd like to lose more baby weight, I don't care how ridiculous I might look in it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 12:37 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Julie,

YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!  When I was heavy my butt hurt so bad when I rode my bike. It was so bad when I was heavier I gave up something I loved to do.  They didn't make padded bike shorts for size 32.  LOL you would think I had enough padding on my own  

I love padded bike shorts!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/10/17 1:58 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On February 10, 2017 at 7:45 PM Pacific Time, Sparklekitty (Julie), Hag of Science wrote:

I was unexpectedly excited to be able to buy spandex cycling gear! I'm totally lumpy underneath it, and I absolutely don't care; I can't imagine wearing jeans when riding any longer than 10 minutes!

I'm doing a triathlon in May (eek!) and I'll need to get a one-piece tri suit for that-- basically a swimsuit with built-in shorts. Even though I'd like to lose more baby weight, I don't care how ridiculous I might look in it!

I completely forgot about bike shorts. I ride in jeans and it really does suck.

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 2:50 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Trust me HFFM, you will think you had died and went to heaven when you get padded shorts. I can ride longer with them as you don't get numb butt 

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/17 12:49 am

Is that you ? You look fantastic! Congrats on getting out there! 

CC C.
on 2/10/17 12:08 pm, edited 2/10/17 4:10 am

I have a double fear of clothes shops. First is being fat now. Second is being 6' tall with shoulders worthy of a linebacker.  Even thin, I would feel like a lot of stores weren't meant for me.  At my goal weight I was still an XL on top and 12 on the bottom, with wrists and ankles and belly poking out of clothes that just aren't long enough. I'm that person who stumbles across something that actually fits and buys it in every color they make or even multiples of the same color in case they stop making it and I have to start the search all over again. Case in point, I think I have about 10 of the shirts I'm wearing in my avatar.

My wish would be to outsource the frustration and hire a stylist/personal shopper who knows what stores and brands would fit me and just brings stuff to me to pick from so I don't have to shop at all!

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 12:52 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Cecily,

This makes me sad, ouch....  To get to goal and still have issues with clothes.  I am not sure where you live but I know OH has had stylist/personal shoppers at the events before.  I will keep you posted for this year's event

CC C.
on 2/10/17 12:57 pm

Thank you so much! And no need to be sad, I still look a heck of a lot better in an XL with too short sleeves than a 2x!  

Most Active