It's Friday, Let's Have Some Fun!

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 9:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Let's have some fun, celebrating the week and looking forward to the weekend.

My husband and I use to walk through the malls, holding hands and window shopping.  I miss those days, we didn't have much money and it was our way of spending time together.  Not having any money was not the only reason we "window" shopped.  The only store I could shop in was Lane Bryant and him Big and Tall Men.  I would see all the cute outfits in the windows and wish, OH HOW I WISHED I could buy that outfit.

There is always that one store (or maybe 2) that we all really wanted to shop in and thought never in a million years.  What was the store for you?

Mine was Victoria's Secret.  I had the most romantic guy and Lane Bryant's just didn't cut it. Remember this was YEARS ago when they had preggo tops and elastic waistband pants.  

My second dream was to go into the snotty shops like White House Black Market.  When I went in with my fat ass they would treat me like something you scrap off your shoe.  I guess they never thought I had family or friends I would buy gifts for.  I had flashes of that scene in Pretty Woman where she went in with all her bags and said "you do work on commission right? BIG MISTAKE"!

It was so much fun going in with my skinny butt and having all those sales people coming up to me and offering to help and I just took my time and then left without buying one item.  

What was your dream store or outfit you bought after weight loss surgery? 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 10:40 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Can we reply even if we haven't gotten there yet?  I'm going to, so you may have to slap my wrist if not.  I have wanted one of these ever since I was a (not so little) kid.  Several years ago, when I was out in AZ on business, I even stopped in a custom holster shop and discussed the possibility with the man who made the belts and holsters.  He said he could do it, but it was going to cost a fortune.  

When I reach my destination, one of these is definitely in the works.  And if I can swing it with Mrs. LittleBill, I will be adding a second, matching revolver so I can go for a double rig.  I always liked those double rigs in the movies.  And if anyone is wondering what in the world it would be good for, there is a whole group of people who make this a social event.  

Single Action Shooting Society

karenp8
on 2/10/17 11:30 am - Brighton, IL

My hubby Chuck has been a member of SASS for about 11/2 years. I'm working on learning to shoot too but right now keep score for the shooters. Pic to follow of me in my SASS garb. It's really fun and the people are so friendly and nice.

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 12:30 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I love this outfit KarenP8

This is too strange, I just called the local gun club and asked if they have a group to teach newbies to shoot.  I am going to sign up

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 1:34 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I've been teaching people to shoot for over 40 years.  It is a blast.  Literally. 

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 3:01 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am going next weekend 

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 1:26 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Very nice!  Lots of places to hide a pepperbox, or even a Peacemaker.    If I do make it to a SASS group, I figure I'd go as a parson, with my black KJV in one hand and my Bisley Vaquero in the other.  

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 12:28 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

YOU BET YOU CAN LittleBillJr! It was my weight loss surgery bucket list that kept me going.  When I would hit a speed bump I would pull it up and look at all those things on my  list I was going to do when I hit goal.  BTW, my husband LOVED westerns and guns and this holster is a beauty.  I can't wait for you to post it when you get it!

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 1:27 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Thank you, Kathy!  I am looking forward to it, but it is a long way off right now.

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 2:56 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Most Active