How do you deal with physical illness?

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/10/17 10:23 am

good pork rinds are really not greasy.  surprisingly they have more proteins (that is collagen proteins) than fat. They have much less fat that low fat  hard cheese. 

Some are nasty - but some are very nice and crispy and super yummy.  but unlike crackers - they make me full. 

Collagen protein is not a complete protein - but it is a great protein our body can use  for skin, joins, hair, nails, etc. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

DubfromBP
on 2/10/17 3:02 pm
VSG on 10/13/15

Boiled peanuts.

One of the gems of the South.

They'll either take care of your snacking woes......or.....their slimly texture will gross you out so badly that you'll forget about food, lol.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

theAntiChick
on 2/10/17 6:01 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Ugh.  Sounds positively horrid.  While I was born here, I grew up in the great Tundra to the north, and never acquired a taste for such Southron delicacies.  :D

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/10/17 7:33 pm
I eat, I have chronic pain issues....eating carbs does make me feel better. I had the DS because I knew these were some of my issues. When I'm in pain, I try to eat low carb options- high protein/high fat when I'm trying to lose weight. When I'm not trying to lose weight-I'll eat whatever.

Scott
4MRB4PHOTO
on 2/11/17 5:36 am, edited 2/10/17 9:39 pm
VSG on 07/28/14

I am sorry to read you are going through this.  Hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

For suppers, can your husband cook some things just for you and freeze them in conatainers for quick nutritious meals?  After a few bulk cookings you will have a variety to choose from, so it won't require daily cooking differently for you. If he likes things spicy, he could add spice to his food after it is cooked or microwave one of those meals for you while he makes something different for himself.

Most Active