Unintended Consequences

White Dove
on 2/9/17 3:33 pm - Warren, OH

Those hand warmers you put in your pocket are great.

The first summer I laid on the beach and soaked up sun until I felt warm again.  l had always stayed under the beach umbrella before that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/17 4:15 pm, edited 2/9/17 8:16 am
VSG on 10/11/16
On February 9, 2017 at 11:33 PM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

Those hand warmers you put in your pocket are great.

The first summer I laid on the beach and soaked up sun until I felt warm again.  l had always stayed under the beach umbrella before that.

I'll have to check them out. I haven't used hand warmers since the early 70s. They were huge things that looked like giant Zippo lighters, and had something actually burning inside. They quickly became too hot to stand. 

ddkVSG
on 2/9/17 8:20 pm
VSG on 12/27/16

I so understand the cold problem.  I haven't been warm in forever.  I have to sleep with a heating pad on my feet.

HW 374 SW 339 CW 309GW 195 Surgery 12/27/16

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 3:57 am
VSG on 10/11/16

For 33 years Mrs. LittleBill Jr has taken evil delight in putting icy feet and hands on my nice warm body. Now, the tables have been turned. Revenge really is a dish best served cold. Mwahahahahaha!!!! 

Ladytazz
on 2/9/17 9:18 pm

Menopause did a number on me.  I still run hot.  I hate the summer now.  I still can run outside without a coat in 30 degree weather.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help with heating my house since I have a $300 electric bill to pay due to last month's record cold in my area.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 3:50 am
VSG on 10/11/16

Yeah, we live in a 200 year old stone house. We normally burn wood in an outdoor furnace, but this year we planned to burn oil as my surgery interfered with the whole firewood prep thing, and we didn't know how my recovery would be. We could just as easily light money on fire to stay warm on some of the real cold days. 

DubfromBP
on 2/10/17 1:19 am
VSG on 10/13/15

Nothing but awe for folks who endure the cold at that level.

I'd not do so well......with or without the extra blubber and ballast I carried for so long, lol.

I'll take the insane heat and humidity that is here in the South.

I would love to send you our mosquitos, though.  Your Winters would kill them off nicely and we'd be mighty grateful for this.  

Your weight loss has been mighty impressive, Bill.  

I am happy for you and enjoy seeing your observations over the new developments and the reactions to your changes.  

Good stuff, sir.   Mighty good.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 3:51 am, edited 2/9/17 7:53 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Dub, some of my ancestors came from your neck-o-the-woods. I love the South - in the wintertime. I would die of heat frustration in the summer. 

Thank you. 

pr31
on 2/10/17 4:46 am

Yup - I hate the cold!  I would seriously like to move South, but we're just not in a position to do so. I start being comfortable around 80 degrees.  When everyone else says "it's so hot outside"  is when I'm in my comfort zone.   Are you able to add wheel-weights to your tractor?

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 5:52 am
VSG on 10/11/16

The short answer is yes.  Just for laughs, I checked.  I found what I would need.  I stopped laughing.  To add two 50 lb wheel weights, it would set me back approximately $325!    That would be before shipping or tax.  I might avoid shipping by buying them locally, but still.  

Alternatively, I could build a box to attach to the trailer hitch.  That would be a lot cheaper, and is well within my abilities.  I even have lots of lead in small chunks that would fill a box nicely.  The problem with that is it would act as a lever, and reduce the efficiency of the blower attachment by lifting it slightly off the ground.

I may have to ride around with a bag of cement on my lap.  

Most Active