My Big Fat Fabulous Life! Spoiler Alert! Take 2

Rachel B.
on 2/15/17 6:32 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I was fortunate to take part in 2014's the Expose Project.  It is part of the Body Love movement, one of its 'biggest' promoters (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/01/jes-baker-tedx-talk -body-love-acceptance_n_5641421.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Wom en) being here in Tucson.  It was almost 100 women of all shapes and sizes, ages, abled and disabled.  All in black panties, and that's all.  It was very empowering.  I would have never done that at my 144lbs., but I did it at over 200lbs.

I hate being overweight.  I've been tortured since I was a child.  I was cheerleader of the year, and made fun of by the players on the team I cheered.  Society is horrible about teaching us how to hate our bodies.  I love the body-love/body acceptance movement.  That doesn't mean that we should love and accept that which will kill us.  It just makes it ok to be 'temporary' housing!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/17 2:26 pm

That's NOT true ! You know me and I became MO due to a severe birth defect- a huge hiatal hernia. That meant I was always burning inside my esophagus unless I ate constantly. 

When that was fixed only emotional eating and head hunger became my problems ( and POSSIBLY transfer addiction) 

Grim_Traveller
on 2/15/17 4:26 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Donna L.
on 2/15/17 5:24 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I've never heard of a hiatal hernia causing morbid obesity. In fact, about 99% of children with hernias who have them as congenital defects have them immediately repaired when symptoms you describe manifest.  It should have been fixed long before you were morbidly obese. 

More likely it was the emotional eating and head hunger causing the obesity; the hernia was just a correlational factor.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active