What are your routine/s to start the day?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/8/17 8:35 am
RNY on 08/05/19

My dogs wake me up with their "mommymommymommy we need to go OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW" so that comes first!

Then I wake up my son (15 months), get him dressed for daycare, and plunk him down in his booster chair with some juice and cereal while I start in on a protein bar and my daily Diet Coke.

Most mornings we get a little bit of playtime before heading off to "baby school." He's obsessed with his little zebra-shaped push cart and will do laps around the living room-- I get exhausted jus****ching him!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 2/8/17 11:51 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I can't believe your son is 15 months old already! They grow up so fast... He sounds Adorable.  They don't call them puppy dog eyes for nothing 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/8/17 1:42 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I know, it seems like just yesterday he was tiny! Now he's cruising all over the house like a big kid!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

DubfromBP
on 2/8/17 8:23 pm
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 8, 2017 at 9:42 PM Pacific Time, Sparklekitty (Julie), Hag of Science wrote:

I know, it seems like just yesterday he was tiny! Now he's cruising all over the house like a big kid!

Oh yeah......that little fella gets your day up and running without question.  

Handsome young guy, right there.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Sai F.
on 2/8/17 8:48 am, edited 2/8/17 12:54 am
VSG on 09/02/16

Awesome question!

I put on my MV patch, and take my antacid.

Weight myself after the restroom.

I make my coffee (with a scoop of collagen protein powder). 

While it's brewing, I do stretches in the kitchen while waiting.

I feed the cats.

Turn on the news to run in the background (I'm a political junkie lol).

I check my social media real quick, and drink my coffee.

Drink 2 glasses of fruit infused water or iced tea.

Some type of aerobic activity for about 30 min. (my main workout is in the evening)

Start working.

Eat about 1 pm. Take my fish oil supplement after lunch.

Kathy S.
on 2/8/17 11:53 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Great routine Tenshi aka Sai!  You are taking note of your health with patches, eating your protein and moving.  I love the stretches in the kitchen.  Great suggestion!

ThatMeanOne
on 2/8/17 9:48 am
VSG on 08/22/16

I have the most boring mornings ever. My husband's alarm goes off at 5, so I try to burrow into him as close as possible until my alarm goes off at 5:10. Then we are off to the races.
Bathroom, teeth, get daily weight and dress.
Feed and water the upstairs bunnies, the downstairs bunnies and the dog.
Make Mr. MeanOnes coffee, make my decaf/protein shake mix and nuke some sort of protein for breakfast.
Scoff down breakfast - pee again - turn off all the lights and check to make sure the stove is off (I have a little fire phobia).
Kiss Mr. MeanOne goodbye, give the pup a head rub and a cookie and leave the house by 5:50 to pick up my son (like a mile away) so we can go to work.
At some point during my drive to the Bronx my alarm will go off telling me I can start drinking my protein.
Once I get to work it's all about setting up my kids breakfast and making sure all my prep work is done for the day - then all of a sudden it's 2:20 and I'm on my way back home again.
The stuff that happens between 8 and 2:20 is pretty much just a blur.

Kathy S.
on 2/8/17 11:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It may be boring as you say but I think of it as a plan for success! It's working for you and that is the most important factor.  Great job!

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/17 4:31 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Mr. MeanOne. Hahaha!  I like that!  

ThatMeanOne
on 2/8/17 6:16 pm
VSG on 08/22/16

If I'm correct, I believe I picked that up from you... Mrs. LittleBill?  Lol

Most Active