What are your routine/s to start the day?

DubfromBP
on 2/8/17 1:55 am
VSG on 10/13/15

Every day starts the same around here.....up around 4:30am and a pot of coffee is brewed.  Lately I've been grinding Starbucks Kamado Dragon or Sumatra beans for this purpose.  On work days when I'm rushed I'll use ground stuff.....this week it's Dunkin's Dark Roast.

I sleep with a 30oz Yeti cup of ice water within reach.  I'll sip that and reload it while waiting on the java to brew.

I'll spend the first hour of each day chilling and watching Fox, CNN and ESPN and sipping coffee and surf around on the laptop.

Days off, I'll cook breakfast for the tribe and I'll have some of the eggs and meat for myself with my vitamins.

Work days I'll usually mix a protein shake to take along with me on my commute to work.

Days off.....I'll grab a shower after tribe is fedf and drive the 1.8 miles to my gym and do some work.  This has been absent from my life for well over a month now as I was nursing fluid on knee (better) and now a pinched nerve in shoulder/left arm, elbow, fingertips (getting MRI later this week....steroids and muscle relaxers now......sucks.....I just want to get back to regular life).

Work days will find me usually walking 5,000-10,000 steps and lifting weights three days a week in work gym (this has been limited for a while now, though)

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Kathy S.
on 2/8/17 11:43 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Way to go DubfromBP!  Don't you LOVE your Yeti cup?  I love my water to be very cold and hate ice cubes. I found when my water would get warm I just didn't drink it.  Now with my cup I drink water all day!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

pr31
on 2/8/17 5:46 am

Up between 4-5 a.m. Alarm goes off at 5 but I'm usually up way before then.

Go to the bathroom.  Step on scales.  Put on workout clothes.  Start coffee, pack lunch and take B12 & calcium.

Workout.  Take Multi.  Take shower and get dressed for work.

Drink protein coffee while watching news/weather.  Off to work.

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Kathy S.
on 2/8/17 11:46 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Anyone that gets up before the chickens has my admiration. I did boot camp once and had to get up that early and it was the hardest thing to do to get up that early, but once I did and got moving I LOVED IT.

Great job pr31!

Deanna798
on 2/8/17 6:37 am
RNY on 08/04/15

My routine changes, depending on if my hubby is travelling for work or if he's home. Either way, the mornings are pretty crazy and hectic for me now that I have the new puppy.  I'm up at 5 and by the time I'm dressed and downstairs, little Bugsy is already crying to be let out of his pen.  He's puppy pad training, so he's usually already peed on the puppy pad, but I pick the little stinker up and rock him like a baby and snuggle for about 2 or 3 minutes before I do anything else.  Then I put him down to chase the cats while I make coffee.  If my hubby isn't home, I'll just use my Keurig and make myself a cup, but if hubby is home, I'll make a whole pot.  Once I get a coffee, I use it to take my pills and then I start to make my breakfast and lunch.  I've been making a scrambled egg for Bugsy as well, so I mix in a runny scrambled egg with his kibble.  I know, he's super spoiled.  Once my breakfast and lunch are made, I pack them both into my lunch box and then put makeup on in the downstairs bathroom. By this time hubby is usually up, so he'll get the youngest one up and get him on the potty and dressed.  If he's not home, I'm usually running like a maniac to get the little one ready and out the door.  I try to get out the door by 6:30, to give me a little leeway if there is traffic.  I drop the kiddo off at my moms and then head to work.  Once here I eat my breakfast at my desk between 8 and 8:30.  I don't like to eat first thing when I get up, either.  Lunch is at noonish, sometimes later now because I forget to eat.

I need to change my routine and start prepping my lunch the night before when I can to take some of the pressure off of me in the morning.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Kathy S.
on 2/8/17 11:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Wow my head is spinning.  Do you have a photo of your new puppy Deanna?

Deanna798
on 2/8/17 11:53 am, edited 2/8/17 3:54 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Ask and you shall receive.  His name is Bugsy and he's 12 weeks old now.  He's a cutie patootie.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Kathy S.
on 2/8/17 12:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

OMG  how darn adorable!  Thank you, that made my day

DubfromBP
on 2/8/17 8:21 pm
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 8, 2017 at 7:53 PM Pacific Time, Deanna798 wrote:

Ask and you shall receive.  His name is Bugsy and he's 12 weeks old now.  He's a cutie patootie.

My work day is now over and I'm reading through the thread that I started my day with.....and see this puppy.

Just erased the stress of a 15 hour workday....that puppy.

Cool little Bugsby.  

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Deanna798
on 2/9/17 4:43 am
RNY on 08/04/15

It's a love/hate relationship with this puppy.  He is so sweet and adorable sometimes, but then sometimes he's a huge pain in my ass.  I'm just biding my time until he's out of the puppy phase.  We're taking him to Puppy Training classes so we can make him a friendly, obedient, happy puppy.  

Most Active