How do you "reward" your goals?

DubfromBP
on 2/10/17 2:11 am
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 7, 2017 at 10:28 PM Pacific Time, Sparklekitty (Julie), Hag of Science wrote:

I'm a cyclist, so I would buy myself new bike swag. Man oh man are there a lot of goodies out there you can buy! Not just cycling kit in smaller sizes, but gloves, tools, lights, socks, saddle bags, repair kits, bluetooth speakers, water bottles... And of course a snazzy new road bike when I was close to goal.

Much respect on the road bike.

I have nothing but awe at folks who brave the roads and share them with some of the idiot car drivers I encounter daily (Lord, I hope I'm not one).  

Locally we are gaining more bike lanes along the roads throughout the neighborhood community but it's a small range for a true cyclist.

I bought a pretty cool set of Trek mountain bikes for my family and we have many local offload trails around here.  Some of them are not very technical and offer a nice easy ride through the woods for a fat guy like me.

I'm taking my Trek into the shop next week for a tune up and once over by the staff to ensure the spokes are strong and the chain and gears are well lubed.  I'll be back in the saddle soon.

Speaking of saddle........I've got to buy some smaller padded cycling shorts to wear under my gym shorts that I'll ride in.  I don't look forward to those first few "break in" rides as my overly large butt grows accustomed to the seat once again.

I'll never advance to the road riding.......I am terrified of the close calls I've seen.....but riding through the woods courses scratches many itches for me.

What's a funny development is that I enjoy hunting and some of the hunting gear stores I shop in are now carrying a line of bikes that have wide fat tires geared for the sandy soils that we have around here.....camo bikes built for hunters to use to access their hunting grounds.  Sure is more appealing to think about fellow hunters on bikes out there vs them zipping around on gas powered 4 wheelers and such.

It'll soon be time to ride for this old guy.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Most Active