How do you "reward" your goals?

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/6/17 1:54 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On February 6, 2017 at 8:21 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote:

@Highfuntioningfatman  I am getting visuals of you wearing a Nacho Libre wrestling mask and diving off the top turnbuckle onto the bed....

Laughing my big butt off.

Goal rewards are a dang important idea.

My first few weight loss rewards, other than the health benefits, were two vacations and then recently a nice shotgun that I've been drooling over for a while.....long while.   The vacations were fun and I cut loose and didn't have a care in the world.....a celebration of much improved health over the prior few years.....felt great relief that things were gonna be alright. 

Now......I've gotta get in much better shape and quickly so I can use the new scattergun to it's best capabilities.  Chasing turkeys and paddling after ducks against a current is going to require me to be a bit more streamlined and stronger.

I've got another goal reward in mind that I'll entertain once I'm at my stretch goal weight.

LMAO! I'd be lying if I didn't say that you are darn close with the Nacho Libre visual! 

DubfromBP
on 2/6/17 2:53 pm
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 6, 2017 at 9:54 PM Pacific Time, Highfunctioningfatman wrote:
On February 6, 2017 at 8:21 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote:

@Highfuntioningfatman  I am getting visuals of you wearing a Nacho Libre wrestling mask and diving off the top turnbuckle onto the bed....

Laughing my big butt off.

Goal rewards are a dang important idea.

My first few weight loss rewards, other than the health benefits, were two vacations and then recently a nice shotgun that I've been drooling over for a while.....long while.   The vacations were fun and I cut loose and didn't have a care in the world.....a celebration of much improved health over the prior few years.....felt great relief that things were gonna be alright. 

Now......I've gotta get in much better shape and quickly so I can use the new scattergun to it's best capabilities.  Chasing turkeys and paddling after ducks against a current is going to require me to be a bit more streamlined and stronger.

I've got another goal reward in mind that I'll entertain once I'm at my stretch goal weight.

LMAO! I'd be lying if I didn't say that you are darn close with the Nacho Libre visual! 

Hahahahahahahah.

Nothing better than a wrastling mask to turn it up a notch in the ring...er....bedroom.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/17 2:39 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

I opted for a new firearm for each milestone.  That idea was shot down.  Literally.  I am working on new ideas.  

When I read your "reward structure", I immediately thought of the scene from High Anxiety with Nurse Diesel in her bedroom.  I could not find the appropriate youtube video though.  

DubfromBP
on 2/6/17 2:57 pm
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 6, 2017 at 10:39 PM Pacific Time, LittleBillJr wrote:

I opted for a new firearm for each milestone.  That idea was shot down.  Literally.  I am working on new ideas.  

When I read your "reward structure", I immediately thought of the scene from High Anxiety with Nurse Diesel in her bedroom.  I could not find the appropriate youtube video though.  

I've pretty much got the guns I need for the stuff I do........but there is a dang near endless list of wants.

The two on my short list now are a lever action Henry (.45/70 ) and a ~5.5 lb 20 ga for long turkey walks and other light birding.

Always something on the "want" list.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/17 4:26 pm
VSG on 10/11/16
On February 6, 2017 at 10:57 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote:
On February 6, 2017 at 10:39 PM Pacific Time, LittleBillJr wrote:

I've pretty much got the guns I need for the stuff I do........but there is a dang near endless list of wants.

The two on my short list now are a lever action Henry (.45/70 ) and a ~5.5 lb 20 ga for long turkey walks and other light birding.

Always something on the "want" list.

Years ago I was standing and talking with a friend and Mrs. LittleBillJr. My friend asked me, "How many guns do you own?"  Mrs. LittleBillJr turned and said, "Yeah, how many!?!"

"More than I need. Less than I want."  

I've  been putting my money into reloading lately, but there is always room in the safe for one more. Maybe when I hit 300 she'll come around. 

Beth C.
on 2/10/17 3:40 am
VSG on 01/19/17

So your gun collection is like my shoe collection, nothing wrong with that. 

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Sai F.
on 2/6/17 7:15 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

I like the question.

I admit I've never thought of giving myself a reward. All these years, I guess my reward for my work has always been the number on the scale or how my clothes fit. Something to think about. ^^

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Lipsticklady
on 2/6/17 7:18 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

As a fattie, I never ever ever bought boots.  They didn't fit my calves because I was fat but I was athletic.  

Now I am athletic, but I am not fat.  I own 14 pair of boots.  Good boots.  

I don't consider them a reward, I consider them a reminder of where I am.  If I gain, they won't fit.  I won't gain because I love them SO much.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Djmohr
on 2/6/17 9:34 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

I use beauty treatments when I hit a goal that I am excited about. Things like mains, pedis, facials....all the fun girlie stuff.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/7/17 2:28 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm a cyclist, so I would buy myself new bike swag. Man oh man are there a lot of goodies out there you can buy! Not just cycling kit in smaller sizes, but gloves, tools, lights, socks, saddle bags, repair kits, bluetooth speakers, water bottles... And of course a snazzy new road bike when I was close to goal.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active