Traveling - Sort of NSVs?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/4/17 4:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

DH and I are driving to Florida this weekend (1/3 there).  My tailbone hurt after 9.5 hours on the road yesterday. I think I need to pad the seat today! Also (not traveling specific), what's with the cavernous armpits! The small soaps at the hotel made it more difficult to wash there.

Anyway, kind of funny as you don't think about this stuff! The drive today is shorter to Savannah GA. Any recommendations for restaurants there in the historic district (we hope to have some time to poke around there)?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/4/17 6:07 am

Car seat, I know...Right? 

I  now need "a butt" pillow for my car seat. Almost always. And another for the the back when I travel on long trips and there is no lumbar support on the passenger or driver side. 

Btw: if we rental car - in a different city and we will be there a week or so - I often buy cheap "support pillows" in Walmart or Walgreens and use that on trips. The extra $20-$40 or so I spent for that on vacation is worth the comfort I have .... 

When we travel by car - we also learned to bring our own bed pillows with us... Comfortable sleeping makes vacation so much more fun. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/17 7:04 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I hope you have a great trip Liz!!

roxytrim
on 2/4/17 8:21 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

We just LOVE Savannah.  Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House is the best.  Not really WLS friendly - but not to be missed.  The fried chicken is 2nd. to none.  Big line up, opened only for lunch but worth the wait.

Tail bone issue will eventually go away.  Wait until you yry to shave those bowls under your arms, but after I started weight training, it helped to flatten this are out.

Envious of your Savannah trip...have fun ya'l

Patty R.
on 2/4/17 10:05 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Oh yes, that place is a food lovers dream.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/5/17 3:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Mrs Wilkes was closed unfortunately but we found another good place on the riverfront. We loved the historic district - we will be back when it is warmer and we have more time.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Readyjwc
on 2/4/17 1:09 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Enjoy your trip! I've always wanted to see Savannah. Buy a pillow!

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/4/17 5:20 pm
Body wash works better as you lose weight. So many "folds" I found that bar soap leaves too much residual film behind.

On the note of the butt pain. You need a pillow like this, it helps until your muscles rebound:

http://www.pharmedoc.com/shop/healthwellness/****yx-cushion/?attribute_colors=Black&gclid=CjwKEAiAlNbEBRCv9uy4j4SWrgwSJAB5MqJFz9nN7qROqXuXBF5AkVY0Ox45kRQs7HglvyBSJSthfhoCwOLw_wcB
peachpie
on 2/5/17 2:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Ugg- tailbone pain. The NSV you never truly want. I bought a ****yx pillow. I haven't need it in a while- but there were times moving from sitting in the car to standing was excruciating.

I've always soaped the washcloth and wash with that- never occurred to be to use the soap directly. But still those tiny bars of soap are equally annoying to try and soap a washcloth with. I mostly use body wash these days- I like scents. 

friday I went to the dentist. I used to hate going because when he had me rinse- my girth was so big I couldn't  lean properly over the little sink and I'd always dribble all over the bib thingy. Didn't happen this time:-)

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/5/17 3:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'll get myself a butt pillow before the drive back in early April.  Thanks all!

Most Active