It's Super Bowl Weekend! What is on your menu?

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/4/17 7:41 pm
I'll be making a vegetarian Lentil Soup and then Chicken Crack in my instant pot. I really need to be a 2nd one. I thought people were "crazy"that said they needed 2 pressure cookers, but I can see why!

Scott
Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/4/17 7:55 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

In addition to the brisket I'm going to do stuffed portobello mushrooms. I'm most likely going to stuff them with crab, onions, jalapeno, bacon and some sort of a cheese topper. Maybe havarti, jack or gouda.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/5/17 10:10 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Gouda it is! I also picked up some apple for the shrooms because it is soooo easy to over smoke them.

CC C.
on 2/5/17 11:48 am

Crazy fact I just learned this week... Gouda should be pronounced "how-da". It's named after a town in the Netherlands. I've always said "goo-da".

DubfromBP
on 2/5/17 3:11 pm
VSG on 10/13/15

Called and audible................no grill fired up here today.

We simply called in an order to go.....wings, stir fry vegetables and kung poa shrimp.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 2/5/17 8:03 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Had a dang fire in the smoker! The brisket typically takes 8-9 hours. It was done in 6. It turned out okay but it was a bit dry for all of the brining. 

CarlRay
on 2/6/17 10:44 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I'm 3 weeks pre-op, and I wanted to behave.  I was going to head to a buddy's place for a gathering to watch the game, but I've had a rough weekend with respect to food temptations.  I've been good, I just felt the temptations more than usual.

I cancelled, and to maintain privacy on my surgery, I said I was watching my calories (true) and didn't want to really be around beer, wings, and all of the stuff that I can't really have.  I'm pretty good for staying out of it anyway, but I just didn't want all of the temptation and aromas. 

I did have some popcorn and a little bowl of cut up veggies. 

Most Active