It's Friday, Let's Have Some Fun!

CC C.
on 2/3/17 10:34 am

I've generally been pretty sensible with my diets, but I have considered (and discarded) some crazy ideas. One was based on studies that show brown fat burns calories really fast compared to regular fat. Adults can apparently make more brown fat if they are regularly really cold. So this guy created a Kickstarter cold vest that had ice packs all over it. I almost bought one, but came to my senses when I imagined how uncomfortable it would be to be packed in ice like a freshly caught tuna... brrr.

Kathy S.
on 2/3/17 11:15 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

OK Cecily, you have done something I thought would never happen!  You mention one I had not heard of?  Brown fat?  hmmmmmmm

Thanks for sharing.  I moved from Chicago to get away from the cold I can't imagine wearing a vest to stay cold.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kathy S.
on 2/3/17 1:03 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/17 11:16 am - CA

Richard Simmons Deal a Meal.    To this day, I can't play with a deck of cards because I get hungry.   

Kathy S.
on 2/3/17 1:05 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hey Nikki,

Sadly I remember that one too!  I had the card holder on the kitchen counter and if I remember correctly they were color coded based on what type of food they are.  I hope your card/food phobia gets better   LOL

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/17 1:37 pm - CA

I was kidding, Kathy......tell your boss to lighten up on you, you are so serious. 

April Parker
on 2/3/17 12:07 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Fast Five. A diet that consists of fasting except for a five hour stretch of the day where you can eat. You could eat whatever you wanted, but it had to be the same 5 hrs every day. I don't remember losing but about twenty lbs because after a while i would cheat because I was STARVING and on top of that I would have hypoglycemia. Maybe if I had eaten more protein in those five hours? I don't know, but what I do know is after that I had gallstones pretty bad. :/ Had to have surgery while pregnant because I literally couldn't eat anything without a gallstone attack. I lost a lot because of that, though. :p

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

Kathy S.
on 2/3/17 1:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I never had gall stones but my husband did and my heart goes out to you.  VERY painful.  OK, this is the second one I had not heard of.....  It's really interesting to see all the things we tried in the name of health and all of these were not healthy AT ALL!  Thanks for sharing!

Dee R.
on 2/3/17 12:37 pm - CA

I think I've tried them all too!  The weirdest one that sticks in my mind was one my Mom had heard about.

2 Tbls. of cider vinegar, 1 Vitamin E capsule, and a Tbls. of wheat germ............Twice a day.  I don't recall if I lost anything on that one. 

Most Active