Let's talk regain, share and prevent despair!

odie
on 2/3/17 3:12 pm
RNY on 05/26/14
On February 3, 2017 at 11:06 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote:
On February 3, 2017 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, reree6898 wrote:

Yes, planning for the grocery store is a great help.  I have to make a list or it becomes too easy to put anything in the buggy.  Also, I never go to the grocery store when I am hungry or else everything looks too good and it will end up going home with me. 

Just go when horny.  

That's my grocery store shopping method.

That and simply sticking to the perimeter.  I only venture down the aisles to grab specific items.......like Splenda, spices and hot sauce......and Duke's mayo.

Outside of that.....I'm the dude cruising the perimeter.

We'll recognize you cause you'll be horny so I gather you'll........stick out?????

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

DubfromBP
on 2/6/17 3:08 pm, edited 2/7/17 5:09 pm
VSG on 10/13/15
On February 3, 2017 at 11:12 PM Pacific Time, odie wrote: On February 3, 2017 at 11:06 PM Pacific Time, DubfromBP wrote: On February 3, 2017 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, reree6898 wrote:

Yes, planning for the grocery store is a great help.  I have to make a list or it becomes too easy to put anything in the buggy.  Also, I never go to the grocery store when I am hungry or else everything looks too good and it will end up going home with me. 

Just go when horny.  

That's my grocery store shopping method.

That and simply sticking to the perimeter.  I only venture down the aisles to grab specific items.......like Splenda, spices and hot sauce......and Duke's mayo.

Outside of that.....I'm the dude cruising the perimeter.

We'll recognize you cause you'll be horny so I gather you'll........stick out?????

It's been known to happen when I look down in my cart and see limes, tomatoes, Vidalia's, Haas avocados and jalapenos..........

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

reree6898
on 2/3/17 3:23 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Hahaha!

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Kathy S.
on 2/3/17 10:54 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for sharing, these are GREAT suggestions!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/17 4:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

For me, always tracking, weighing daily and being on OH are critical and so different than what I ever did in the past. At best, I weighed once a week at weigh****chers. I tracked for WW, but only the points, not what I was eating and it was always carb heavy.  So sooner or later the carbs took over, I skipped a weekly meeting or two because I didn't want to see weight gain from the week prior, and it was all downhill from there (downhill, but weight up).  Now I am accountable to myself for what I eat, have a plan if the daily weight is up and have my OH friends to help without having to get in the car. Oh, and I have that extra VSG tool to help keep the meals small. 

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kathy S.
on 2/3/17 10:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Liz,

If I had stock in WW for all the times I joined and left I would have more stock then Oprah...  LOL

You have a solid plan and thank you for sharing....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Valerie G.
on 2/5/17 12:51 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Its important to know and expect "some" regain.  Even with my DS, stats hold a long term regain of 15-20% of your ewl.  I managed to stay around 14% in more than 11 years, so knowing that expectation, I didn't panic and chose not to fight it either.  Some fight it tooth and nail, finding themselves on a neverending diet.  The body settles in a sweet spot.  It's not a failure, it just is what it is and it reminds me to be mindful about what I'm eating without crash dieting.  I vowed to never do that again after dieting for 23 years before my DS.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active