Date night doldrums

Grim_Traveller
on 1/30/17 6:32 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I have an extensive list of date night activities. But I've been warned by OH that I'm not allowed to post them any more.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

KittyKarin
on 1/31/17 9:19 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

LMBO!  Grim, you can definitely inbox those to me. ;-) 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/30/17 6:35 pm
There is no reason not to eat out. You should just plan to share with him OR order and take a lot home.

To be fair to yourself, you are going to have to find things to do outside of eating. Eating won't be "enjoyable" for a bit (at least for me it wasn't). I'm only speaking from my experience, but it was a good 6 months before eating was a joy again. Before that it was work, and one too many bites would have caused me to feel like I was going to hurl.
rissa1224
on 1/31/17 5:07 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Date nights can still be a struggle for my brain. I love popcorn. TMI maybe but the movies popcorn makes me super full of gas. So bad it can be uncomfortable. I have given in to it and regretted it. So now I bring my OWN snacks. I will bring some nuts and dried berries for crunch. Or string cheese. I love going to the movies, and you can still go. Its hard when your brain wants the bad stuff but, you have to be powerful and ignore it. Bowling is so fun, and active. Not sure where you live, but driving around different areas and towns can be fun, especially finding stores you don't normally have around you. Antiquing is interesting also. Mini golf. Find local scenic parks and walk around. When it gets nicer out have a picnic! I live near NYC so my BF and I like to walk around Weehawken on the water facing NYC skyline. I am on a budget, but I like going to random malls, or Ikea because its huge. Just to walk around, maybe get ideas for things. Also, in the beginning of my VSG, I would go to the diner and order 1 egg with cheese. Not cooked in butter, just spray (you have to ask) and it would take me forever to eat it.  

SkinnyScientist
on 1/31/17 6:30 am

Play cards and board games.

OR

Get a naughty game from one the adult stores and have at it!  :)

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

One Bad Beach
on 1/31/17 8:09 am
RNY on 11/28/16

My husband and I recently did a couples Zumba class.  He was reluctant, but I talked him into it!!!  He loved it, I got to see some of his hidden talents, it was a blast.  It cost us $5/each and was at our local Boys & Girls Club.  Then, we went out for a nice bottle of water.  

Even if it wasn't couples Zumba, even going for a walk or to the gym together for a walk on a couple side-by-side treadmills would work!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Lipsticklady
on 1/31/17 10:31 am
VSG on 05/14/13

Go to the gym together, walk around the mall intentionally to get in your steps, take a dance class or bowling lessons.  Find a pool hall, learn to play darts, learn a new hobby.  Call your county and see if they have community events or look up some meet up groups in your area and see if they are having anything that sounds interesting.

Or you could just do it.  Cardio, right?

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

DubfromBP
on 1/31/17 11:42 am, edited 1/31/17 3:42 am
VSG on 10/13/15

Call me crazy....but a good date night for me begins with relaxing at home and watching a great movie or another episode of a favorite series we both like.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

Ginnny
on 1/31/17 12:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

What about bowling?  Or is there a local community centre that has a walking track? 

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

RNY on 12/22/14

Now is the time to investigate new hobbies and activities - so your question is timely.  Get on the internet and see what is new in your area.  You will need to discover new things or look at old enjoyable activities new.

Sharon

Most Active