I feel no change 1 week after sleeve surgery

aba1970
on 1/26/17 9:54 am
VSG on 01/16/17

Thank you all for your tips and advice. I appreciate you taking the time to share experiences with me. 

Lipsticklady
on 1/26/17 3:06 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

At one week out, I was still on full liquids so it's surprising that your surgeon has you on pureed meat and veggies so soon.

You got a lot of great info above, nerves cut, can't feel, head hunger, the concept of "satisfied", etc.  I will throw in that the production of acid feels like hunger so if you are not taking your PPI, please do.  You really want to stay ahead of that discomfort, not to have to catch up to it.  

Once you are on solid proteins, you should feel a huge difference.  I am three and half years out and can just finish one egg (soft scrambled), still have a hard time with chicken, and prefer my foods soft.  I will also say that I no longer enjoy the feeling of FULL.  In fact, I dread it.  It feels horrific and I avoid it at all costs where I used to crave it.

I often remind myself that I ate more than my share of food in the 40 years before I had surgery.  Food is no longer an event for me, it's simply fuel.  I enjoy the company more than the quantity.

Best to you!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

suzzzzz
on 1/26/17 4:06 pm
VSG on 06/23/16

I am another sleever who didn't have all those things you expected. Definitely stick to your doctor's plan. Your stomach needs tender care while it is healing. At u mths out, I have not had issues with any particular food, including eggs. I am thankful for this whole experience.

Gwen M.
on 1/26/17 7:17 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay!  You've had an easy recovery :)  I never felt full until I started on regular solid food which was also about the time my stomach was fully healed.  Until then, your stomach is a lying liar that lies because the nerves have been severed in surgery, so you can't trust anything it tells you.  Have patience, stick to the plan, you'll be okay. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

AggieMae
on 1/28/17 3:13 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

The only post op problem I had was incision pain. I was hungry the first two weeks and, though I was on liquids, often stood in front of the opened refrigerator trying to figure out what a could put in my mouth  but I realize now that it was in my head not my body. 

Don't over think it. You sleeve is small. Yes, it will get bigger as you heal but it will not stretch. If you follow your plan you will lose weight.

Most Active