Please help..what do i do!?

hayleyskinner1394
on 1/24/17 1:48 pm

I NEED y'alls help!

So today I went to the surgeons visit..and I got told it's been a while month and still hasn't gotten true results records..so as of right now we are at a stand still.... How do i get my records... Emverytime I ask for my records they say call this person..and it goes to voicemail... Or. Call this doctor..and nothing happendss...

What do i do... 

I can't even do anything else 

I have done egd... I have done a barium swallow test... Done a Dietion visit..did phsy evaluation... And now ..we can't go any further because of true results!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/24/17 1:52 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If you're getting the run-around on the phone, how about showing up at the office in person until they can physically hand you a folder full of paperwork?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hayleyskinner1394
on 1/24/17 1:53 pm

They closed their office for good

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 1:55 pm - CA

Go to the facility (hospital) where you had your procedures (the egd and barium swallow) and request your medical records for those procedures from the Health Information Management Dept aka Medical Records Dept.  You may have to pay a small fee for them, but you need them and really there is no way around that, unless a dr. asks for them, but it sounds like your surgeon may not be willing to do another request.   As for the Dietitian and Therapist, call them directly and ask for records and if need be, pay for a copy.  Generally it is $10.00 to $15.00 for the first 20 pages.  

I hope this is helpful!  Good luck.

Nik

hayleyskinner1394
on 1/24/17 2:01 pm

Update:

I had done ekg ... I talked to a dietition and did blood work at the true results office..and then I was suppose to go to a doctor in down town Houston..however it was too far..so I found a different doctor.. And we have done the barium swallow..egd .blood work and Dietion visit..all waiting on my true results documents..and nothing yet... Its been a month ..

theAntiChick
on 1/24/17 2:40 pm, edited 1/24/17 6:52 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

You might also call around to some of the other clinics in the area.  It's possible that another clinic (or clinics) are set up to receive the True Results patients, and have ways to get to the medical records (with your signed permission, of course).  I know several clinics up here in D/FW state on their websites that they are accepting True Results patients, and I know some of the surgeons had ties with True Results or were formerly with them and are now operating under their own brand.

EDIT:  never mind, I just realized from re-reading that you already have another surgeon, and they are trying to get the records.  In that case, I agree with the other posters to go to the actual facilities where you had the tests and request your records.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

CC C.
on 1/24/17 2:51 pm, edited 1/24/17 9:28 am

My mom was an expert at getting responses from companies that were giving her the runaround.  She would tell you to contact the CEO of True Results and tell him what you want. His name is Peter R. Gottlieb and he is CEO of True Results/AIGB. He's on Facebook. Contact him there publicly asking for your records. 

Edit: Took out the last part. In retrospect, I don't think it was helpful. Good luck!

Pokemom
on 1/24/17 5:46 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Your mom sounds like someone I would like to know!

CC C.
on 1/24/17 5:52 pm

She was the best! People would regularly call her for help with getting the impossible done. Her theory was no president or ceo wants bad press, so if you take your issue to them, they will likely tell a peon below them to take care of it and make it go away.  It's much quicker than starting with the peons. I miss her every day 

Most Active