NSV

reree6898
on 1/24/17 12:54 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Migraines are no fun but yay for the NSV! I almost cried the first time they used the normal cuff on me. It's so crazy still when I go for my check ins at the surgeons office and they have to change out the cuff to the small one after having to use the extra big one for so many years!

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/24/17 1:49 pm

Congratulations on the dainty cuff.  The thing that's always bothered me about needing the large one is that, too often, after trying the small, the tech has to fetch the large from another room. 

rachelp
on 1/24/17 2:38 pm, edited 1/24/17 6:39 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Thank you. Yeah and the smaller one seems so tiny and the larger one you could wrap around the moon! It's like oh come on! Really?! 

Kathy S.
on 1/24/17 3:10 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

theAntiChick
on 1/24/17 3:31 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Yay on the "regular" cuff size!  I was happy to quit having to fight with the cuff on my automatic BP machine, that was just almost too small.  :)

I have had migraines forever, they run in my family.  First time I had a visual migraine without the headache, went to the doc.  He was a very young doc with very little experience, and was convinced I had a detached retina (this was before I was an RN but I had been a paramedic and it just didn't seem to fit).  A day missed from work running around to an emergency ophthalmology appointment to have the ophthalmologist laugh and say it was "just" a migraine.  Lesson learned.  :)

A lot of times I can head off a migraine if I take Excedrin with some caffeine right when I start feeling the pain.  Of course, Excedrin has aspirin, so check with your team before taking it.  Tylenol works for some people, doesn't work for me at all.  :)  Now, after surgery, I can still take NSAIDs because of my auto-immune, but they prefer I reduce it as much as possible, so I just go straight for my triptan. 

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

rachelp
on 1/25/17 7:20 am
VSG on 08/01/16

All I ended up getting was a slight headache on the top of my head so I took some Tylenol and it went away.  The visual migraines are extremely weird and I've had them for years but I never knew until yesterday that they were even called migraines. I always just assumed it was caused by my high blood pressure.

Most Active