How many stalls have you had?

Hiraeth
on 1/31/17 8:29 am
VSG on 08/04/16

There are many things you can eat. Do you like meat? There's WLS recipes online that I kinda go by. I'll give you an example of what I've eaten before.

Breakfast: Premier Protein shake.
Lunch: 3 oz boiled chicken with 2 tablespoons of light ranch, 1 oz of green beans.
Snack (optional): Light yogurt.
Dinner: 3-4 oz filet and 1 oz of spinach with 2 tablespoons of light ranch.

That's not an exact list, but it is a good example.

sherrysjourney2016
on 1/31/17 9:00 am

Thanks for your input 

drallison
on 2/1/17 12:03 pm

Look at the Ideal Protein Diet Program www.idealprotein.com

peachpie
on 1/24/17 9:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

My pet peeve is the overuse of the word "stall". I can't tell you how many times I've read "I haven't lost in a X days, I've hit a stall!" A true stall IMO is 3 or more weeks w/in the same 1-2# weight. 

Considering, in my fast losing phase, I don't think I ever stalled. This past August is when I saw my definition of stall coming to light. I notice I hang around each # much longer than I like. Most recently I was hanging 195 for about 3 months. I seemed to have broke that and am in the 191-193 range now. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Hiraeth
on 1/24/17 10:08 am
VSG on 08/04/16

Lol, sorry.

I was told that if you fluctuate between 1 and 2 pounds for more than a week, it's basically a stall; whether it's big or small. I've only lost 67 pounds in almost 7 months. To me, that's not a lot, considering my age and how others have lost a lot more in a short amount of time. But then again, these people were over 300 pounds. I know everyone is different, and that I shouldn't compare myself to others. I'm always a bit hard on myself.

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 8:35 pm, edited 1/24/17 12:35 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

You can call it whatever you want.  I agree, a stall is a stall.  Who gives a **** about the logistics. LOL  I totally get what you mean. Keep going girl, the weight has come off and will continue to if you follow your program. I had a couple of stalls and was frustrating.  You are doing great.

Hiraeth
on 1/25/17 6:12 am
VSG on 08/04/16

Thank you so much! It is frustrating. I'm fluctuating between 187-189. But then again, my bowel movements aren't regular at all. (TMI) So that might have something to do with it. :/

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/17 6:42 am
VSG on 10/31/16

That makes a huge difference with me.  I take Milk of Magnesium every other day and that seems to help.  

Hiraeth
on 1/25/17 6:52 am
VSG on 08/04/16

Not being able to have a bowel movement makes a big difference with you? Sorry, I want to make sure I read that correctly. So you're saying that when you have regular bowel movements, you lose weight more quickly? Gosh, I hope so. I just started taking iron pills, which I heard makes it worse. I wasn't taking them for the first 6 months post-op, and even then I still had irregular bowel movements.

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/17 7:08 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Up until a week ago, I wasn't going (bowel movement) but every 2 or 3 days and when I did go and weighed I was down a pound.  When I am not in a stall I lose 2 pounds  a week on average. Not sure if it is correlated but I do lose after I go.  I see my surgeon tomorrow for my 3 month and he may prescribe a probiotic so I go more regularly.  The constipation is annoying.  Maybe you need a probiotic.  (I learned about it from my support group) 

Most Active