Have the pick up lines improved?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 12:42 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I have taken both martial arts and was trained in self-defense when I worked at the sheriff's office as a hostage negotiator.  Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion.  It is always good for body awareness and confidence.

I should be clear -- I am not being attacked or even "harassed" all the time -- it's more that I am being asked out a lot.  I have had some very uncomfortable situations with male co-workers who have professed their "love" for me -- really ****ty since I am married and not a cheater.

I do find street calling and proportions threatening -- and that really makes me panic inside.   

It's very uncomfortable and disconcerting. I never know if I am just jaded because of my experience or if all women are uncomfortable with men approaching them.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 1/27/17 4:03 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Some counseling might.  MO is a complex disease and some underlying isses may need help to address so we can get the most of the lives we want.

Sharon

Pokemom
on 1/24/17 5:50 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Really sorry to hear this.  Never your fault.  Never your fault.  Never your fault!  

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/22/17 9:10 pm, edited 1/22/17 10:28 pm

"...Their excuse is usually because they think that since I'm..."

There is no excuse for them.  **** it.  (Can I say "fuck" here?)  I vote for carrying a small, ladylike pistol.  (Can I say, in effect, "carry a gun and take the SOB's out" here?)

As to your specific question, the apes come in all shapes and sizes themselves.  It's about them, not you or anyone else here.  The ugliness probably will diminish somewhat, but it's unlikely that it will ever go away.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 1/22/17 10:49 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On January 23, 2017 at 5:10 AM Pacific Time, NYC-Hot-Stuff wrote:

There is no excuse for them.  **** it.  (Can I say "fuck" here?)  I vote for carrying a small, ladylike pistol.  (Can I say, in effect, "carry a gun and take the sob's out" here?)

As to your specific question, the apes come in all shapes and sizes themselves.  It's about them, not you or anyone else here.  The ugliness probably will diminish somewhat, but it's unlikely that it will ever go away.

I vote for carrying a small, ladylike pistol with a large hole in the barrel. 

There! I fixed it for you! 

Eventually I want to buy my sweetie a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a nice stainless, 45 acp flavor. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/17 3:37 am, edited 1/22/17 7:40 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

There is no excuse for them.  **** it.  (Can I say "fuck" here?)  I vote for carrying a small, ladylike pistol.  (Can I say, in effect, "carry a gun and take the sob's out" here?)

Carry a gun for what?  Shooting people for boorish behavior?  Sorry.  There is a huge problem with that. I carry everywhere I can legally, and have for over 25 years. The laws in just about every part of the US are pretty much the same when it comes to self defense. You can use deadly force for fear of your life or serious injury, or in the case of the same for someone else. That does NOT include shooting people for rude behavior, despite how badly you think they deserve it.  I find it fascinating that a resident from NYC would advocate this anyway. NYC is one of the biggest gun free zones in the free world.

I am a certified NRA instructor and have taught many women (and men) to shoot and handle guns safely over the years. Self defense is a very serious topic, and literally comes down to life and death. Advice like this above is either a horrendous attempt at humor or even more horrendous advice. Shooting someone for coming on with a bad line, or even just threatening it is a good way to discover how prison food matches up with your diet plan for a very long time. 

Grim_Traveller
on 1/23/17 5:01 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Fuck is fine **** fuck **** fuck ****

No guns. 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Pokemom
on 1/24/17 5:52 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Why on earth does OH edit things like "ma****"  But not The Big Word?  Hahaha!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/24/17 6:19 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

My guess is, someone in IT has a warped sense of humor.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

VSGAnn2014
on 1/23/17 5:34 am, edited 1/22/17 10:12 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

NYC-Hot Stuff

Your advice to "carry a gun and take the sob's [sic] out" is 100% wrong.  

That's neither a legal nor a rational way to deal with a person who has verbally offended but not physically harmed you.  

In many states anyone can now carry a gun, but many gun owners have no idea about the cir****tances under which it is legal or sensible to use their weapon or even how to use their weapon.  

I'm obviously not responding here with my usual good sense of humor.  

I'm also reporting your post because it should not stand here, in case an OH member or lurker actually thinks your advice should be heeded.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Most Active