Seriously confused

White Dove
on 1/21/17 8:04 am - Warren, OH

There are no special milk or food products needed because you had bariatric surgery.  Your surgeon was actually contributing to welfare fraud when he approved those letters for you.

He no longer wants to risk going to jail for approving fraudulent claims.  I doubt if any doctor is going to take that risk for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/21/17 11:15 am

Niki, you received more replies than I'll read through, so I may be repeating a suggestion you've already received.

I can't tell if you referred to your bariatric surgeon each time you wrote "doctor" in your opening message.  If so, that office could have provided the letter you need, but perhaps thought that now, seven years later, they don't really know your medical status.  If you haven't done so by now, check with your primary doctor's office.  I'd think you'll get cooperation there.

VSGAnn2014
on 1/22/17 4:48 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I'm definitely liking this message board.  :)

There are some very helpful folks here who offer good advice.  But they don't tolerate baloney over-long either.  

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/22/17 9:41 am, edited 1/22/17 1:44 am

I don't think this was a case of garden-variety baloney.  I didn't read through all the posts until after I posted my suggestion, which, no surprise, was shot down by the OP. 

On my read-through, I noticed several inconsistencies, things that didn't ring true, et al.  I don't think I mistook the first, when, in the OP, the OP had two months to get a letter in support of her benefits and then dropped to six days.  Her therapist doesn't want her to take a diabetes drug.  What therapist or practitioner of any sort would advise a person not to take a life-saving medication?*  What person would choose weight loss over life?  Enough pieces of info were omitted or confused. Adamant protests round out the picture.  All the signs say emotional disorder.  My own inclination is to cut her some slack, but I wouldn't have stayed involved to no good result had she not decamped.

• (edit) Okay, I want back and saw that a doctor told her that, if she gained weight, he'd put her on metformin. What was omitted is whether she'd had a diabetes history that self-corrected with weight loss and that it would return with gain or whether the doctor would want her to take it only as a weight-loss aid.  More fuzzy communication coming down the pike. 
  • So be it.
Heather_Austin
on 1/22/17 11:21 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

It's sad.  This forum is very helpful and supportive and most of you tell it like it is.  That's why I like it.  Some people really don't want help or advice.  They just want to rant and complain to get others on their side to support a victim mentality instead of really listening and taking the helpful advice to try to fix it.  I know you guys have been super helpful on questions I've had over the last 3 years and I've appreciated reading your responses and advice to other people.  This forum is a great resource of real information from people who are doing it.

I feel bad when I see people frustrated but realize they don't really want help.  

Heather - Austin, TX

AggieMae
on 1/28/17 4:11 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

Wow, that was five pages of nothing...but for some reason I still want to point out that amond milk is NOT a source of protein and that it doesn't cost more than cow milk.

Most Active