Seriously confused

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/21/17 7:31 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Then one of them should be able to write you your letter.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 7:39 am

Nope thank you

Lipsticklady
on 1/21/17 8:37 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 21, 2017 at 3:22 PM Pacific Time, Laura in Texas wrote:

That is definitely your choice, but I do know a lot of people who are not diabetic who have success taking that drug. I think you should do more research before dismissing the idea all together.

I just need to comment on how awesome your B/A pics are!!!  AMAZING!!!  

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 7:14 am

Yup did that was told the samething by the office manager. Medicare doctors in primary care are the same. It is in emergency care where it can get tricky.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/21/17 7:47 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On January 21, 2017 at 6:54 AM Pacific Time, ChristineB wrote:

Is this a Medicaid doc? I am not familiar with Medicaid but maybe they can help you with your situation. You should not be gaining weight just because you cannot drink the kind of milk product that you need. (if that is the reason you are gaining weight). I do believe that you mean Metmorfin not Metforman. Metmorfin is for blood sugar control. Are you having trouble with this? On a side note Metforman can help with a little bit of weight loss with Type II diabetes.

You might need to contact Medicaid and also talk to the office manager for the doc's office for assistance. What were the policies that they laid out for you when you had your surgery for follow-ups. Have that in front of you when you call again so you know if they are talking about the same with you when you call. You should be able to get any paperwork that you need so you can go to the next level of assistance with with your doctor's  note.

For posterity

LissaK
on 1/21/17 5:40 am
RNY on 12/21/16

What about talking to your primary care provider? He/she may be able to provide you a letter.

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 7:17 am

On vacation to the 30th need it in 6 days.

Valerie G.
on 1/21/17 10:09 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If the office is open, then there is someone on duty authorized to do such a letter for you at the PCP.  Bring a copy of one last year so they know what to write...and next year be a little pro-active to avoid dire situations such as this.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 10:12 am

I wi**** was that simple. No one at his office will do it. I called and tried. That is why I had to call my surgeon. I don't keep the letters because my landlord and case work need the originals. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/21/17 6:04 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I would speak with my PCP rather than my bariatric surgeon.  I am certain that your bariatric clinic feels their responsibility for your primary care is long over -- but your PCP should be able to provide the documentation that you need.  

Most Active