Why we should watch my 600 pound life

Vinasu
on 1/17/17 1:25 pm
RNY on 08/10/16

I love that show! It also shows, in great detail, how the surgeries are performed. I learned more about the mechanics of RNY and the sleeve from watching Fat Doctor than I ever did looking at diagrams in my doctor's handouts!

HW: 250+ SW:215 (W leaving hospital: 224!)

CW: 138; DR GW: 166; MY GW: 130

M1: -20, M2: -8, M3: -14, M4: -11, M5: -8, M6: -5 M7: -7 M8: in progress

Dee R.
on 1/17/17 1:26 pm - CA

I love Fat Doctor!!  I'm still on season 1 though.  That Dr. is so amazing!  And not hard on the eyes either. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/17 1:48 pm - CA

Barb, Dr. Now is actually VERY empathetic!   He was our keynote speaker at our 2016 ObesityHelp National Conference and so very down to earth and sweet.   While he does come off harsh with his patients on the show from time to time, it is because he wants them to live and wants to see them succeed.   And, his patients will tell you that.  Not all agree with him immediately, but in the end most see that he has their best interest in mind and heart.   Many of our members that attended the event got to meet him and were shocked at how sweet, but quiet he is.  

On the British show, is that Dr. treating patients with WLS as well?  

(P.S. Your basset hounds are adorable!!!!!!)  

Barbsleeved
on 1/17/17 2:31 pm
VSG on 08/22/14

Good to know Dr Now is nicer than he seems on the show, lol. 

Yes, the surgeon on the show treats his patients with WLS, mostly RNY in the older shows, but I think he's done a couple of sleeves, too. 

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

CC C.
on 1/17/17 8:21 pm

After your recommendation, I swallowed up the whole series. So good and so encouraging to see people grateful for the surgery and willing to change.

I actually thought Brandi and Candi were very much not the average my 600 pound lifers - they were willing to change and followed through on the plan. I totally teared up when she got the embolism and nearly died. Her sister's pain was palpable. 

Kathy S.
on 1/18/17 11:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Celilylc,

That is what made it so hard to watch when her sister almost died. They were doing it and when (can't remember what sister) walked into the CrossFit facility I was so PROUD!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Evenya
on 1/19/17 12:46 pm
DS on 11/15/16
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/17 12:07 pm

I am very grateful that I had the surgery. It is one thing in my life that I would not change. 

I can'****ch this show. I know that may sound immature. I just know it puts me in a depression. I know I have changed but it just makes me feel bad about myself. I will jus****ch and cry. Some of them I have watched and I felt uplifted. Others they would make me so sad. 

I have more guilt from my eating than I do about my alcoholism. It sounds weird but it is true. Working on loving ourselves is hard sometimes. 

Barbsleeved
on 1/17/17 12:09 pm
VSG on 08/22/14

Hey! have 3 Basset Hounds! 

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/17 12:10 pm

Pictures please.

Here are my three

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, dog

Most Active