Aunt Flo

Leann K.
on 1/18/17 12:43 pm - Lytle, TX

I had similar problems and turns out I had unterine fibroids.  I was losing so much blood and iron that I had to have blood transfusions.  Eventually decided that a hysterectomy was the way to go for me......GLAD i did it!  Best thing ever to kick Aunt Flo to the curb.

Good Luck!!

Leann 

Lipsticklady
on 1/19/17 6:04 am
VSG on 05/14/13

I was on my second Mirena when I had surgery.  I hadn't had a period in 10 years.  Post op, I started bleeding.  I would have a period for 4-6 days, stop for a week, start again, stop for three days, start again...

I have been on my period for about 3 years now.  ARGH!  Go to a gynecologist.  I was checked up and down, in and out.  Healthy as a horse!  I have noticed the frequency and the heaviness is going away SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLYYYYYY but everytime one of my two teens starts, I start with them!  FUN!!!

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Evenya
on 1/19/17 12:32 pm
DS on 11/15/16

OMG, that sounds so annoying! I'd rather have a hysterectomy that to put up with a 3 year long period, but I know the docs don't let women take out their baby makers unless there's something worng with them. I have an appoinment with a gynecologist next week. I'm thinking of having an ablation. My in-laws are all about ablation. Ablate this, ablate that! Yay for ablation! Heck, I joined the band wagon last May and had a cardiac ablation. Why not get my uterus ablated while I'm at it. It's a great way to fit in with the in-laws. LOL!

Most Active