Hey everyone! LipstickLady here!

AggieMae
on 1/14/17 8:13 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I hit the roof when Alex posted that he was reading our MPs and am proud to report that I got banned today and that I went out with a BANG!

As far as I know Alex still won't delete my membership because $$$ is involved. Might have to check on that later.

Delete delete
on 1/14/17 11:06 pm
VSG on 12/29/16

Wow. I spent all day (Saturday) offline and came back to see Alex's 1984 dystopian like response. So gross. -_-

I am basically a noob having been operated on less than three weeks ago. But I'm here! I want no part in BP. Hopefully OH will develop an app in the near future.

Hello to y'all in any case! My skin is thick and attitude is damn good. 

4MRB4PHOTO
on 1/15/17 7:05 am
VSG on 07/28/14

Hello double L and all the other members of ObesityHelp.

The drama is getting a little thick on another website I am (was? - TBD) a member of,  so I look forward to the comradery, great advice, laughter, positive support and friendly bantering with the members of this website.

Ciao

VSGAnn2014
on 1/15/17 9:05 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Damn!  It's so good to see so many of the old gang showing up over here.  Hey, friends.  :) 

I'm still getting used to the joint.  But the vibe around here looks like just what I want in a WLS board -- friendly grown-ups with a good sense of humor, some straight scoop, and a mellow scene.  Nice folks. 

Hugs and noogies to everybody.  :)

Ann

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/15/17 12:09 pm, edited 1/15/17 4:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Welcome to all the new folks, it's always great to have more to chat with.

I'd strongly recommend reading through old posts and the OH ToS before fully jumping in. Please remember that you're joining an existing community with its own culture, and things here may roll differently than in your old home.

Also be aware that existing OH members are capable of listening to both sides of the story behind the exodus 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lipsticklady
on 1/15/17 12:23 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 15, 2017 at 8:09 PM Pacific Time, Sparklekitty (Julie), Hag of Science wrote:

Welcome to all the new folks, it's always great to have more to chat with.

I'd strongly recommend reading through old posts and the OH ToS before fully jumping in. Please remember that you're joining an existing community with its own culture, and things here may roll differently than in your old home.

Also be aware that existing OH members are capable of listening to both sides of the story behind the exodus 

Awesome!  I am dying to hear the other side.  In fact, I've asked Brecher to explain at least ten times only to be ignored.  If you find out the whys, let me know!

:D

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

on 1/15/17 12:35 pm, edited 1/15/17 4:39 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I make no direct assumptions, but I suspect this "policy reminder" has something to do with it. Seems like quite a coincidence.

EDIT: A poster with a similar avatar to yours has already posted on that thread, so I'm assuming you've read this, as well as the second post in the thread. So perhaps you've already heard the other side?

theAntiChick
on 1/15/17 12:46 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Yes, that post was a direct result of the fecal storm that blew up over there.

As a bystander and someone with long experience on the internet and message boards, I can tell you that there's a lot hinky with the indirect accusations and the way the bannings went down.  I don't know the facts, and probably never will.  But there's a LOT more going on than what the owner/moderator stated in this "policy" post.

There are a lot of lipstick avatars over there right now because of the way the whole thing has gone down, and yes it is in solidarity with LL.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

on 1/15/17 12:49 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Yes, I have no doubt that there's more to it-- there often is in an Internet kerfluffle.

My only point was that OHers are able to see what went down there, if they so choose.

Lipsticklady
on 1/15/17 2:18 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 15, 2017 at 8:35 PM Pacific Time, Sparklekitty (Julie), Hag of Science wrote:

I make no direct assumptions, but I suspect this "policy reminder" has something to do with it. Seems like quite a coincidence.

EDIT: A poster with a similar avatar to yours has already posted on that thread, so I'm assuming you've read this, as well as the second post in the thread. So perhaps you've already heard the other side?

Actually, what OHers are going to see is Alex's version of things as he edited, deleted, and censored not only his own posts, but the posts of people who were respectfully discussing the issue with him.

What they will also see (but not know) is that many members changed their user names to reflect their feelings of the situation and he went in and edited their user names to things like "Need2GrowUp" and other derogatory nonsense.

The sign of a true professional and businessman.  ;)

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Most Active