Pain and Nausea

HollyAnnie
on 1/2/17 10:53 am - Los Angeles, CA

Hi all!  I have been gone so long!  Here is my question.  For about the last year, every time I take my morning meds, immediately I develop pain in my upper abdomen going through to my back and severe nausea.  It happens within 1 minute of me taking my pills.  No matter how much water I drink with them or even if I hide the pill in a bite of food, it still happens.  I literally have to lie down flat on my belly for about 2 minutes, then it is gone and I go about my day!  This NEVER happens when I eat or drink, only when I take a pill!!??  Anyone else know what I am talking about?  It happens to my daughter as well!  Please advise!

Thanks,

Holly

Valerie G.
on 1/2/17 11:51 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

How strange!  I would first try to change the method of taking the pill, then try cutting the pill in half if possible.

The way I take pills is I fill my mouth with liquid first and tilt my head back.  I drop the pills in, swallow and don't feel or taste a thing.  I can take a handful of pills at once this way.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

HollyAnnie
on 1/2/17 9:34 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Yep, I've tried that too.  Every now and then there is a day I take my pills that it doesn't happen, for instance for about the previous 2 weeks, no pain, the past 3 days....same pain!  I've tried everything!  Somedays, I don't take my meds because I don't want to deal with the pain and nausea.  I am a Registered nurse, and I know I shouldn't do that....but Hell! 

Most Active