Charlie horse in stomach area

rubyruby
on 12/27/16 7:25 pm

I am 11 years out and have been getting a Charlie horse type cramp on my right side I have to but it out and it is now beginning to leave like a ghost pain or like a bruise for about an hour after the Charlie horse has gone away. There is nothing special I am doing or eating. I still have my gall bladder but have had test and they show no problems. Anyone else.

Grim_Traveller
on 12/27/16 8:13 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Sounds like a hernia, but could be a lot of things.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/29/16 5:56 am

Hernia, adhesions, or even IBS.

Btw - I had my GB removed in 2008...But my liver gates some foods and meds I am taking (Tylenol) and I can feel it "working" if I take too much (too much for my liver,) for a few days.

I.E after any surgery- I have to make sure that I don't take too much narco ...And need to make sure I don't take more than 2000 mg of Tylenol for more than 2 days.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/29/16 7:52 am
RNY on 12/31/13

That is exactly how I described the pain about a year ago.  Every so often, I would get an excruciating and debilitating charlie horse in my abdomen on my right side.  It would spasm from the top of my right abdominal all the way into my groin.  I could counter it by leaning back as far as I could (much like pushing your heel down when having a CH in your calf) -- but it was absolutely awful.

When I told my regular doctor and other people -- they looked at me like I was crazy.

I tried magnesium supplements, more protein, muscle relaxants, exercise, heating pads, potassium -- praying and wishing...

Found out it was from a massive hernia -- up over the top of my umbilical area -- made worse by two other small ones in other locations.  I have not had the pain since having surgery to repair them.

Of course, yours could be from a multitude of other causes.  This, however, was my experience.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

rubyruby
on 12/29/16 8:49 am

I have had ultrasounds and nothing is seen.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/29/16 10:25 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am in no way insisting that it is indeed a hernia -- but I will say that ultrasounds did not pick up my hernia(s) either -- until the one was rather enormous.  (imagine an alien head poking out of your tummy)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

rubyruby
on 12/29/16 10:52 am

Thank you, I just got Medicare so I get a lot of free tests so I will mention that to my doctor...just learned last year that we cannot have Ibuprofen or any anti-inflammatory drugs so I worked in a school café and allow myself an ibuprofen every two weeks.

Most Active