Flying While Fat! This Video Sums It Up!

Kathy S.
on 12/24/16 6:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Traveling over the Holidays? Scared to get on an airplane because of your size? Here is an animated cartoon about what the experience is like - can you relate? Ever had any positive experience onboard?   WOW, great video!  I used to have panic attacks about flying!  Recently I flew next to someone and my heart went out when she broke out in a sweat knowing the food was coming and was told to put down her tray. It cut her into    

Woman Shares Powerful Cartoon About What It's Like Flying While Fat    

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Vinasu
on 12/24/16 9:35 pm, edited 12/24/16 1:36 pm
RNY on 08/10/16

I was relatively privileged in that I have never needed a seat belt extender, but one flight was particularly memorable.

My dad had been found dead in his house the day before. I was flying from Oregon to Texas to take care of things. Anyway, I had a window seat. As I came down the aisle, I saw two women sitting together in the remaining seats. When I indicated that I needed to get by, the woman in the aisle seat loudly said, "Oh my God!" She then turned to her friend and said, "I can switch seats with you if you can't stand it."...like I wasn't standing right there.

I sat down and made myself as small as I could.  You know how it goes: I pulled my arms and shoulders in, leaned as close to the window as possible, and tried to be invisible. Then, half way through the flight, the lady in the middle spilled her drink on me. She didn't apologize. Because I was fat, though I took up none of her space, I was not person enough to even say sorry to.

HW: 250+ SW:215 (W leaving hospital: 224!)

CW: 138; DR GW: 166; MY GW: 130

M1: -20, M2: -8, M3: -14, M4: -11, M5: -8, M6: -5 M7: -7 M8: in progress

joanne0658
on 12/25/16 12:19 pm

bless you for being so sweet.  wish i'd been there, had that happen to me when i was 292 . . . .both women would have been stuffing their faces to feel more comfy sitting by me  and i'd be sure to down tons of water so i could legitimately take numerous potty trips.

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Most Active