Christmas ideas please

Bonkerz1
on 12/18/16 6:46 pm
VSG on 06/12/16

hey all. I'm on the purée stage post surgery. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for Christmas meals so I don't feel too deprived. 

datachick
on 12/18/16 7:25 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

For Christmas you could give yourself the gift of not feeling deprived :)

Really though, yeah, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but isn't one of the man points of all of this is to not try to comfort our uncomfortable feelngs with food? Try to keep busy, stick to the same old foods on your list, be grateful for the chance to start over. It's about what we are supposed to eat, not what we want to eat, right? Try your best to not let the old thoughts creep in for as long as you can. Celebrate the season with friends, new activities, etc instead.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Bonkerz1
on 12/18/16 9:22 pm
VSG on 06/12/16

Ok now I'm dealing with feelings of uselessness lol. I hear what you're saying I was just wanting to know if anyone had purée stage recipe for something different to the norm.  I plan on celebrating with family as well and I'm thankful every day for this surgery. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/19/16 3:20 pm

Sometimes it is good to have a plan for things like that. 

With the long term restrictions that we face - it is good to be prepared.  I bring my food and sbabjs to most gatherings. And I learned not sharing them. Often my "desserts" look as good if not better than the ones they have for normal people. 

That way - I am less tempted to have a bite if this or that... I have my SF (or rather NSA- no sugar added) protein dessert when my family or friends have the "normal" dessert. . With a small pouch - once I have my desert - I could not even imagine to try anything else.  And no guilt or extra lbs the next day. 

You may try that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Bonkerz1
on 12/19/16 5:11 pm
VSG on 06/12/16

Thanks. Great advice.

Eggface
on 12/18/16 8:34 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

This year will be different for sure but next year you will be 100+ pounds less, feeling healthier and enjoying a sensible holiday meal.

Till then... Ricotta Bake (like the inside of lasagna without noodles)

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Bonkerz1
on 12/18/16 9:23 pm
VSG on 06/12/16

Thanks for the recipe I will try that. Merry Christmas.

Beam me up Scottie
on 12/18/16 9:45 pm
I had a very short purée stage......a very long time ago, so I may not be any help. But why don't you stew yourself something colorful.

My rescue had to have a few of her teeth out and was on a soft diet...I was making food in my Insta Pot and then blending it up for her. I tasted it to make sure it wasn't too hot...and it tasted very much like the consistency of the actual food (Pressure cooking makes everything super moist and a bit "mushy".

You'll be fine! Just remember...next year will be a lot easier.

Scott
Bonkerz1
on 12/19/16 5:11 pm
VSG on 06/12/16

Thanks so much. Merry Christmas. 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/19/16 2:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I still think we should be able to enjoy our food, but in moderation and with an emphasis on healthy, protein forward meals.  The point of surgery was to help us do that.  So I agree that you need to find something to enjoy so you won't feel deprived.  If you like italian, the Ricotta Bake should definitely fit the bill for you at this point in your journey. 

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121