I need some help from anyone that has blue cross blue shield..... as well as other...

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/16 9:13 am

some insurance companies require that you sign up for a six month program through them to try to lose weight with dieting.  Most require that you do it through your doctor or a dietician.  Since I had many meetings with my doctor about diets, i was able to incorporate some of that time.  Talk to your surgeon who will coordinate with your general practitioner.  Your surgeons office are experts at working with the insurance companies to get approval.  Keep them on task though!

MiamiMami
on 12/18/16 11:07 am - Lilburn, GA
VSG on 12/15/16

Hello! I have Independence BCBS in Georgia through Comcast. I called to see if the procedure was covered. It was fully covered. 

I went through True Results and they basically did all the work for me as far as submission of paper work,  my psych eval, the nutritionist visit,  and everything. 

I started the process in March and was originally supposed to be sleeved in October but a leg injury pushed my date to December 15th(I got VSG).

It takes about six months. That's fast considering some people have waited a year or more and/or had to lose a significant amount of weight BEFORE the procedure. 

They have offices in Houston,  San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, and Fort Worth. 

I love BCBS!  They are excellent! True Results made my experience painless and simple as did BCBS.  

You can add me if you want. I'll answer anything I can for you. 

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

Snoopybaby
on 12/20/16 1:39 pm

Got my referral from one of my doctor seen the bariatric surgeon about 2 weeks later have seen the  dietitian one so far  dietitian 2nd visit on Thursday along with psychologist on Thursday seen my cardiologist last week needed a stress test done that today see my cardiologist today for clearance one visit nest month to see dietitian and then see surgeon next month he then sends everything in to blue shield 

I am in California I have blue shield my requirements are dietitian 3 times psychologist once cardiologist that's it 

Docdoes all the submission 

Teresa

Most Active