Help, I ATE TOO MUCH!

Joshua H.
on 12/16/16 8:31 am
VSG on 10/26/16

When I do this -- 3 times so far at 7w2d -- I just have to sit it out.  If it's something soft and well pureed (like refried beans) it goes away pretty quickly for me (

One Bad Beach
on 12/16/16 10:20 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Same kind of thing happened to me a couple of days ago, except I just didn't chew well enough and some food got stuck, and I got the "foamies."

There was nothing I could do to make it go away.  It lasted six and a half hours for me before I could get it come up.  I took it pretty easy on food the next day, and I've been feeling a lot better.  The chest pain was terrible.  I could walk and it would feel better, but as soon as I sat down or tried to drink anything it got worse.  It took a while for it to subside, but when it did, I felt so much better.  

Here's to lessons learned! 

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

ChristineB
on 12/16/16 12:08 pm, edited 12/16/16 4:09 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Me and my husband are both 13 years PO RNY and our eyes are still too big for our bellies. We call it positive/negative reinforcement.

Edited to add: I have problems drinking water too fast and it comes back up on me.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Ladytazz
on 12/16/16 4:34 pm

Hopefully by now it will have passed and you feel better.  I use the memory of the times when I haven't listened to by better self and took that one more bite.  And I remember how it wasn't worth it.

Today, at least most of the time, I listen to that little voice that tells me that if I don't stop now I will regret it.  I don't know what it is but even if I measure out my food I still think I must eat every bite.  It is so hard even now to leave any food behind.

I always serve myself thinking it will never be enough and it always is, in fact more than enough.  The hardest thing for me is recognizing when it is enough, when that extra bite is the difference between being comfortably satisfied and uncomfortably stuffed.

Now when I see that coming I call the dogs to help me out.  Which is why I have 2 morbidly obese Chihuahuas. 

And before I get yelled out for animal abuse, I am just kidding.  They are pleasantly plump but not morbidly obese.  I am just exaggerating for effect.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Heather_Austin
on 12/17/16 7:42 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I've had this happen a couple of times and I have to admit it's so uncomfortable I force myself to throw up.  I weigh everything on a scale to make sure I'm not eating to much - plus I need it to talk my calories and macros.  The coupke times it has happened was when I didn't weigh my food.  I eat really slowly now when I'm out and don't have a scale. 

Heather - Austin, TX

Leslie2016
on 12/17/16 8:59 am

Papaya enzyme is available at GNC. That helps. I remember when I was fresh out some people would put a tiny amount of meat tenderizer in a spoonful of water and that would help them. I've used papaya enzyme a couple of times but haven't used the meat tenderizer myself.

Valerie G.
on 12/18/16 4:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

By now you have figured out that the sensation does go away.  Chicken is a rough one, especially if you went for the breast meat, because it's so dry.  For a while, stick to slow roasted or stewed chicken...even canned.  The key is that you want it good and moist, and thighs have much more moisture than breast meat.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

datachick
on 12/18/16 8:08 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Chicken was too dry/hard for me for a long time. Tuna as well. Got stuck in my chest, had to make myself throw up once.

Canned chicken saved my life :) Also smoked salmon mixed with cream cheese (I don't eat this any more because of the calories in cream cheese, but for the first few months it was really helpful). Fish is good too. 

Hang in there!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

pammieanne
on 12/19/16 7:42 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I am 7 months out, and I still have issues with (apparently) not chewing well enough... I'm not positive that's the issue (because I chew like crazy), but even a well weighed out portion will sometimes still get stuck.

The papaya didn't work well for me. Time, prayers, and promises to never let it happen again seem to be the only thing that works for me.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

TaffySaltwater
on 12/19/16 2:07 pm
VSG on 03/11/16

Been there, had the foamies, and spat food out in my napkin in restaurants in mid chew.  I couldn't vomit for at least five months after surgery and all I can say is wow, there were some miserable days.

After 5 or 6 bites I slow way down and start looking for signs of fullness.  That extra time between bites gives my stomach a chance to start sending the full signal.

And sometimes my stomach just rebels for no apparent reason.  If a Gas X doesn't help, a quick upheaval has been known to work wonders.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but I've yet to find a sure fire cure for the yucks.

Most Active