Changes in life

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/16 9:21 am

Here is one change I never thought would happen to me. I would never look at active wear. I hated it. I don't like when people just wear it as their clothing but that is their thing not mine.

When I go shopping I find myself in the section where they sell exercise stuff now. I have about four pairs of sneakers to walk in. 

In a million years I never thought I would do this.

Share what a change in your life. 

Gwen M.
on 12/15/16 12:25 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Exercise has drastically increased the color variety in my wardrobe because active wear comes in crazy colors :P  I only wear the stuff for exercise, but I exercise a lot so I've got a lot of active wear.  And that love of color has bled into my regular clothes too!  The other day I wore all black for the first time in I can't remember how long, and I felt like an imposter.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/16 12:28 pm

I wear a lot of black which is crazy since I have three dogs and I usually covered by the time I leave the house. 

I have some crazy exercise pants that I would have never worn before. 

TJMAXX has a ton of stuff down here. I love that store.

karenp8
on 12/15/16 5:11 pm - Brighton, IL

There are so many changes in my life since WLS but here are a few. I used to hate clothes with color and wore only navy,maroon and black. Now I rarely wear black and have nearly every color in my wardrobe. I used to drive everywhere and had problems getting winded down my basement steps. Today I walked/jogged 3.2 miles in 12 degree temps and felt AMAZING. I love my new healthy life.

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/16 7:10 pm

That is awesome Karen. My husband is in Robbinson IL. right now he said it was like 8 degrees today. 

I did buy a pair of light purple corduroys at a thrift shop. I love them. I would never had worn color across my butt before. I would only wear jeans or black pants. 

peachpie
on 12/16/16 3:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I've had to dedicate a dresser drawer solely to exercise clothes. Every time  I open it I think who is this person??? I only wear it to exercise- but I have cold weather stuff, warm weather stuff that I actually have to rotate like my regular wardrobe. 

I used to live in "yoga pants" on the weekends cause they were the only things that felt comfy. I refuse to buy them now. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/16 6:02 am

I swear when I wear pants with too much stretch in them I think I am not gaining when I am. 

I have a drawer just for work out clothes. 

Cheryl Denomy
on 12/16/16 6:01 am - Oshawa, Canada

Oh, the joys of wearing elastic waist anything because I want to, not because I have to.

Oh, the joys of shopping in normal-size clothing departments, where the selection is always better, not to mention cheaper.

Oh, the joys of wearing actual colours -- like red, and fuschia, and neon green.  For years -- for decades -- I wore nothing but black, navy, charcoal gray and dark brown shapeless bags and clown pants.

Oh, the joys of having clothing that touches a body part other than my shoulders.

Oh, the joys of not risking spontaneous combustion from thigh friction on cheap polyester pants.

Oh, the joys of admiring my shoes while wearing them.  I didn't see my feet from the vertical perspective for decades.

Oh, the joys of fitting in chairs with arms.  Through turnstiles.  In tight spaces.

Oh, the joys of pants with zippers -- once to be avoided at all costs, because if a zipper blew I was a potential weapon of mass destruction.

Oh, the joys of being able to make a list like this.  Surgery changed my life, in ways I couldn't even imagine, and is something I am grateful for every day.

roxytrim
on 12/16/16 6:07 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Cheryl...you need to put "Oh the Joy" to some holiday music , it's a work of art!

seattledeb
on 12/16/16 11:58 pm

I think I was about 2 years out and almost every thing I bought was orange. There still traces of orange in the closet. That was fun.

Most Active