It's binging day ! But not for us obviously... What's your alternative?

mute
on 11/25/16 7:31 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I had wonderful food today and didn't feel like I was missing out at all! DH smoked the turkey and I obviously had some of that, brussels sprouts, broccoli,  and I allowed myself some mashed potatoes which is not usually something I eat - but no gravy for me. I also had some frozen strawberry dessert later in the day. 

I weighed everything since I hosted it in my house and total I had about 7 ounces of food. I was definitely full at the end of the day and felt good about what I ate and didn't over indulge. No need to binge - this is my second thanksgiving post surgery and last year I felt like I was missing out and that I was scared to eat anything. This year was much better :)

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

White Dove
on 11/25/16 10:46 am - Warren, OH

I have learned how to spread food on my plate to look like I am eating a lot more than I am.  I take a few bites and get full, so spend the meal talking and mostly rearranging food on my plate, then discretely as possible find a chance to dump it in the trash.  The bites of turkey, dressing, Brussel sprouts and green beans were delicious and I had lots of leftovers to send home with guests.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TaffySaltwater
on 11/25/16 4:42 pm
VSG on 03/11/16

I had some turkey, a spoon of mashed potatoes & gravy, and a spoon of sweet potato casserole.  Then slivers of 3 kinds of cake -- creme brulee, sacher torte, and coconut.  The creme brulee cake was awful and only got a taste, the sacher torte was good, but not worth eating the whole sliver so I left about half of it.  Now the coconut cake was so good I ate the entire sliver.  Then to top it all off, a square of cocoa krispies treats as a late night snack.  Today I'm back on the straight and narrow.  Over the next week or so, I'll make up the extra calories I took in yesterday.

I'm down 120 lbs. over the course of 8 months.  I also don't see any point in denigrating someone else's choice of foods on one lousy day.  We each of us have to live with our personal decisions.  If someone is being successful, then that person is doing something right.

Ladytazz
on 11/25/16 6:56 pm

It's all about quality vs quantity these days.  I would rather have a little bit of really good food than a lot of not so good food.  Or even good food.

I don't want to sound gross but I had a very malabsorptive surgery in 2002 and I could eat huge amounts of food as well.  But what goes in must come out and I spent more time in the bathroom then the kitchen.  And even with a lot of malabsorption I was able to regain a 100 lbs.  Malabsorption is no match for me when I am practicing my addiction.

Anyway, I was more interested in the people around me than I was what was on my plate.  My favorite person in the whole world was there  and I had a lot more fun playing with him then I did eating.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Heather_Austin
on 11/26/16 10:16 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I had 3 oz of turkey and a small amount of mashed potatoes with gravy and a little stuffing instead of veggies.  I also had a regular size slice of apple pie later on the evening without most of the crust.

I had a Premier Protein shake for lunch and broccoli and 1/2 apple for a late night snack.

I only got in about 50g of protein vs the 90 I shoot for but the mashed potatoes were a rare indulgence.