"This Is Us" Spoiler alert!

smiles4u22
on 11/25/16 5:29 am - Lugoff, SC

Good morning!

i absolutely love this show and I am thrilled to watch this unfold. I think it will help bring more awareness to WLS if they keep it realistic. 

Good of luck with your journey as well. I had hoped for a November date but they said the doctor had already planned his vacation. Definitely understood that but had hoped to have had it. My date is December 15th. 

Looking forward to to keeping in touch!  Have a great day! 

Teena D.
on 11/25/16 6:30 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

If I'm lucky my date will be February but coul be April or May. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

The Salty Hag
on 11/25/16 7:08 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Sadly, I don't hold out for a realistic portrayal of real post-op life, especially if the actress isn't going to really have RNY. You just can't fake the results beyond 50 lbs or so. I think they'll have her eating normally and she won't lose any weight-which could make the public's view on WLS even worse than it is now. I HOPE I'm wrong, but being successful isn't as good drama as failing miserably. 

I wanted to watch this show, but forgot about it. I'm hoping to find it on demand or something. I am curious now to see how it will play out. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/26/16 9:02 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You got a point about failure being good drama than success. If you go to the website directly http://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/pilgrim-rick/3427082

you can watch all the shows, but be quick, they may have an expiration date, last time I looked everything from the first episode to the current one is still on the site. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

The Salty Hag
on 11/26/16 9:07 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Thanks, T! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kathy S.
on 11/28/16 3:14 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

When they showed the scene where she had been compliant to the eating plan and working out and only lost a pound and her boyfriend lost 8 I was having flash backs.  My husband and I use to diet together all the time when we were first married.  I would bust my butt and he would not break a sweat and lose, lose, lose.  I wouldn't lose 1 pound.  I would give up and learned I could not compete with a 6'4" man.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

AllyceMargaret
on 12/2/16 2:13 pm

I cried like a baby when the first woman commented on it, because I knew that was the direction they were going to go!

Every single feeling, fear and concern I've ever had, and it's being playing out on a show! 

And now the gastric bypass journey is as well. It's pretty remarkable. I love it. Even the tough stuff.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Referral: September 15 2016 Orientation: December 12 2016 Social Worker: March 23 2017 Nurse Practitioner: April 05 2017 Nutrition Assessment Class: April 11 2017 Dietitian Appointment: June 13 2017 Psych Appointment: July 06 2017 Surgeon Appointment: September 29th 2017 Pre-op Appointment: January 22 2018

Surgery: Feb 12 2018

Instagram: @TheShrinkingDiary