Question for the ketos and high protein eaters...I think

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/21/16 3:57 pm
I have that reaction to some artificial sweeteners (diet coke makes me break out in hives), but not all of them. I can drink Coke Zero without any issues.

I agree with everyone else, it sounds like a food sensitivities rather than something to do with being on a low carb diet. If anything, most of the time, skin improves on low carb diets because you get off white sugar and process carbs...which are terrible for the skin.

Scott
LeslieWesleysyxx
on 11/21/16 5:11 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

i too was having similar reactions after eating certain fruits and veggies. Got tested by an allergist and it turned out I not only have a pollen birch allergy, but also the oral form of it too. That means when I meat certain raw fruits and veggies that contain birch pollen, but body reacts to it. Its definitely not fun and I miss having some of the raw fruits and veggies, but best to avoid so i dont end up on steroids again.  

birdiegirl
on 11/22/16 3:37 am

Same thing happens to me when I eat very low carb.  ( though I don't remember the redness extending much beyond my cheeks).  I just figured my bod was burning fat.  It's like everything is revved up inside. 

Good thing to run by your Centre during one of your checkups.