I'm new here

leslieellen
on 11/18/16 3:58 am

Thank you, Kathy S. I may take you up on that!

LeslieEllen

Ashley in Belgium
on 11/17/16 3:51 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Stay the course - you are worth it.  Pre-op can be one of the hardest steps - stay focused on what you need to do today, while researching the future.  It's a lot to take on at once, but you don't really need to.  One step at a time.  

Read the boards, be as active as you can and believe that the outcome of your WLS is worth the effort, sacrifice and stamina it requires.  Losing weight without a good tool is incredibly difficult to do and to keep off.  We have all BTDT numerous times.  Keep your eyes on the prize - you will be amazed at how this time you are agonising over will be just a blip on your radar in a few months, years.  

Good luck! Hope to see you around the boards.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

leslieellen
on 11/18/16 3:56 am

Ashley, you have no idea how your words help me. You zeroed in on what my issues are right now. Thank you for helping me see and for making me feel I'm not the only one.

Ashley in Belgium
on 11/18/16 5:09 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

We were all pre-ops at some point. It's normal to be overwhelmed. Don't let fear hold you back. Most of us here, even with complications, regain or never reaching goal will tell you they would do it all again if necessary. Take that to heart when you think it's too much. 

WLS is not for the faint of heart. You can do this. Hugs

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127